Ryzen 1700 as second PC maybe stream?

FalseControl
Go to solution Solved by Middcore,

Probably. Consult ASRock's compatibility list.

I somewhat doubt you could roll back the BIOS anyway. 

I have an extra MB and Case sitting around and i want to build a second PC. The MB is an Asrock B450M steel legend that had a Ryzen 5 3600 in it. Do you think I can put the 1700 in without rolling back the bios?

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

5 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Looks like it does support it with all bios. Thank god! Didn't think to look there or they would have a list like that

2 minutes ago, FalseControl said:

Looks like it does support it with all bios. Thank god! Didn't think to look there or they would have a list like that

Generally they didn't start removing support for chips anybody actually used until they had to make room for 5000-series. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16