Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

CS:GO freezes every other round when joining a game

nickbg321
 Share

I've been trying to debug a very frustrating problem with CS:GO on my wife's new PC (Win 11, 5600X, RX 6600 XT, 16GB RAM) where every other round the game would freeze on "Retrieving server info" when loading the new map and you have to kill it and start it again.

 

I have tried all the popular suggested fixes short of doing a complete Win reinstall:

  • Updating drivers

  • Updating Windows

  • Verifying game files

  • Reinstalling the game

  • Adding various startup flags like -disable_d3d9ex, -cl_disablehtmlmotd 1

  • Running in compatibility mode

There are no issues with other games like Warzone for e.g. and when CS:GO actually manages to load it runs without a hitch at 300+ fps.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, nickbg321 said:

I've been trying to debug a very frustrating problem with CS:GO on my wife's new PC (Win 11, 5600X, RX 6600 XT, 16GB RAM) where every other round the game would freeze on "Retrieving server info" when loading the new map and you have to kill it and start it again.

 

I have tried all the popular suggested fixes short of doing a complete Win reinstall:

  • Updating drivers

  • Updating Windows

  • Verifying game files

  • Reinstalling the game

  • Adding various startup flags like -disable_d3d9ex, -cl_disablehtmlmotd 1

  • Running in compatibility mode

There are no issues with other games like Warzone for e.g. and when CS:GO actually manages to load it runs without a hitch at 300+ fps.

 

What mobo, what speed is ram running, etc?

Try disabling DOCP. If PBO is enabled, try disaling that. Make sure bios is updated.

CPU: i7 9700K@5ghz all core (silence + summer)

cache x47, AVX offset 0

Motherboard: Asus Maximus XI Hero

RAM: Patriot Viper Steel 2x8gb@3733mhz @jedec cl15

PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3

Mon:  LG 27GL850-B, 144Hz Nano IPS - G-Sync compatible/Freesync

GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC Black Edition w/ G12 bracket

Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K

Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout

Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb

Cooling: CPU: Kraken X62 - GPU: Kraken X42(RIP) -> X53 (From RMA)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DoctorNick said:

What mobo, what speed is ram running, etc?

Try disabling DOCP. If PBO is enabled, try disaling that. Make sure bios is updated.

Mobo is an ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS (WI-FI), BIOS is up to date and PBO is disabled. RAM is a G.Skill RipJaws V 16GB Kit (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 with the standard DOCP profile enabled, no additional overclock.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, nickbg321 said:

Mobo is an ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS (WI-FI), BIOS is up to date and PBO is disabled. RAM is a G.Skill RipJaws V 16GB Kit (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 with the standard DOCP profile enabled, no additional overclock.

Alright. Try running no DOCP with auto profile, just for testing. Later you can figure out timings etc. Also consider disabling Asus Armoury crate in bios.

CPU: i7 9700K@5ghz all core (silence + summer)

cache x47, AVX offset 0

Motherboard: Asus Maximus XI Hero

RAM: Patriot Viper Steel 2x8gb@3733mhz @jedec cl15

PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3

Mon:  LG 27GL850-B, 144Hz Nano IPS - G-Sync compatible/Freesync

GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC Black Edition w/ G12 bracket

Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K

Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout

Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb

Cooling: CPU: Kraken X62 - GPU: Kraken X42(RIP) -> X53 (From RMA)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

I managed to fix the problem by using a combination of "-disable_d3d9ex" startup flag and setting model textures to Low in game. After some additional reading this appears to be a relatively common issue with CS:GO on RDNA 2 cards, AMD seems to be aware of the problem but there's still no driver fix available.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×