Videos turned into text

Some of the videos i loaded to my pc from my phone via usb have turned into text files, how do, i repair/ turn them back to mp4 files

Videos can't just turn to text. Most likely, the files are corrupted and are no longer recognized as video, and what you're describing is it opening in notepad or something and just showing the raw bytes.

If the files are corrupted, there's probably not much you can do. You can try opening them manually from within a video player like VLC. It can sometimes read some of the data and play the file, but it will likely have gaps or just stop playing at some point, etc.

It's possible that the files are not corrupted and you've just somehow lost the file association/accidentally associated it with a text editor like notepad. You can open any binary file in notepad, for example, and you'll see the raw bytes represented, but it's obviously not really useful to do so. Try right clicking the file and going to "Open With..." And choose a video player you have installed. There should be an option to "always use this to open these types of files". Checking that will fix the file association.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

-> Moved to Programs, Apps and Websites

Could you show screenshot? If you haven't changed filetype, or don't have file extensions showing (its not on by default, but every hobbyist should have it on), its likely that you have just wrong program associated with files. If the filetype has just changed by accident (filename has extra dot for example), you can just add .mp4 at the end and it should start associate correctly.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv