Setup help - Mixer that outputs to USB F?

D0CT0RGRAY

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to find a fix for an issue I have with my gaming setup. Currently, I have the WH1000XM3s that I pair to either my tablet (Surface Go 2) or my PlayStation 5 via a Avantree DG80 USB Audio Transmitter. The issue is I'm only able to pair and get audio from one device at a time, which makes it difficult to play games and chat on Discord and get game audio. I've been trying to find a device that can plug into my tablet and PS5, combine the audio, and then output to USB F so I can re-use my USB audio transmitter. Does anyone know if such a device exists? Bonus points if it has dials that can control the volume for each individual device.

Digital mixers are significantly more expensive than analog mixers, they usually start around $250 USD compared to about $50 USD for analog mixers. That in mind, I'd suggest getting an analog mixer and a new Bluetooth transmitter that accepts analog input. Yes it sucks that you won't be able to reuse your current dongle, but the added complexity and cost of either a digital mixer or getting a separate analog to digital converter to use your current dongle probably isn't worth it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

1 hour ago, BobVonBob said:

Digital mixers are significantly more expensive than analog mixers, they usually start around $250 USD compared to about $50 USD for analog mixers. That in mind, I'd suggest getting an analog mixer and a new Bluetooth transmitter that accepts analog input. Yes it sucks that you won't be able to reuse your current dongle, but the added complexity and cost of either a digital mixer or getting a separate analog to digital converter to use your current dongle probably isn't worth it.

Thanks for the recommendation! It does suck I won't be able to use my dongle, but I'm sure I can find another home for it. Do you have any suggestions for an analog mixer and a bluetooth transmitter that accepts audio? I did a quick search and the Esinkin W29US seems like the most popular bluetooth adapter, but none of the listings I saw mentioned if it was 5.0 or not. Again, thanks for the help with this!

So I did a bit more googling and found the Rolls MX22S fits the small form-factor as well as the 2 channel analog input. It's output says "1/8 phone/line output" so I'll have to do some more research on connecting that to a proper Bluetooth adapter