[python2] Give me a project [Beginner]

Alexsheff93

So i've been using code academy to learn python as my first language however ive been using the free version and plan to go pro within the few weeks. I'm currently on the control flow and conditionals section of the course but i've missed a few projects because i don't have the pro version. could someone give me a very basic project to try complete to practise what i've learnt so far.

#Murica(butinternational)parrotgang

First of all, Python 2 is end of life for two years now. You should use Python 3.

2 minutes ago, Alexsheff93 said:

but i've missed a few projects because i don't have the pro version

You'll seen them soon no? Since you're planning to get pro in a few weeks.

If you want to practise conditionals think of situations where you need to make decisions. Decide what needs to happen based on whether something is present or not, check if you can pay the bill by comparing against a "bank account", those kind of things.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

6 minutes ago, tikker said:

First of all, Python 2 is end of life for two years now. You should use Python 3.

You'll seen them soon no? Since you're planning to get pro in a few weeks.

If you want to practise conditionals think of situations where you need to make decisions. Decide what needs to happen based on whether something is present or not, check if you can pay the bill by comparing against a "bank account", those kind of things.

I chose python 2 because i wanted to fully complete the course and have atleast some understanding of how python works before moving onto Python 3 as i plan to use code academy to gain the relevant certificates to start looking for a job within the IT world, that's why i'm starting from py2 

Yeah i'll see them soon i was just curious how much ive actually learnt and wanted to try use it in a real scenario, i've not actually started the conditionals and control flow section yet, ive just reached that section.

18 minutes ago, Alexsheff93 said:

I chose python 2 because i wanted to fully complete the course and have atleast some understanding of how python works before moving onto Python 3 as i plan to use code academy to gain the relevant certificates to start looking for a job within the IT world, that's why i'm starting from py2 

Python 2 isn't a simpler or less advanced version, it's simply older (and now deprecated).

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

54 minutes ago, pythonmegapixel said:

Python 2 isn't a simpler or less advanced version, it's simply older (and now deprecated).

So i guess i'm just slowing down my learning process in the long run then? what's the differences between python 2 and 3

46 minutes ago, Alexsheff93 said:

So i guess i'm just slowing down my learning process in the long run then? what's the differences between python 2 and 3

It's the next version of Python and because the major version has increased (2->3) there are tons of little differences and that those changes are not necessarily backwards compatible, so certain things work slightly differently in Python 3 compared to 2 and some functionality in 3 simply doesn't exist in 2. Anything up-to-date will be Python 3 now, so you should just start with 3. There may be old legacy stuff that only has Python 2 versions, but you can deal with those on an as-they-come basis.

2 hours ago, Alexsheff93 said:

to gain the relevant certificates to start looking for a job within the IT world, that's why i'm starting from py2 

In this case you'll benefit even more from learning 3, as 2 is officially no longer supported and should be considered "outdated".

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB