Dual Displays & Radeon 6800XT/6900XT

CmmnstMssh

Any 6800XT/6990XT owners experience issues running multiple displays? I'm curious because right now my Vega 64 can't handle it. Display one is 1440p @144hz  and Display two is 4k @60hz. Display one is primarily for  gaming monitor. Display two is just an  auxiliary for Discord & web browsing. According to AMD's own driver release notes running displays with different resolutions & refresh rates is a know issue for the Vega series. How does the latest gen fair?

As a previous gen AMD gpu user, and having helped my friend get an AMD gpu for his new build recently, I can say that there is no problem.

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

I had a 5700 XT running 2 displays with mismatched resolutions and refresh rates, and it worked without any issues. One slightly annoying aspect is that with multiple displays (or maybe more due to the mismatches than just the multiple displays?) the card never fully downclocks to the "idle" state, especially the memory. This results in the card temperature being slightly elevated compared to the usual idle temps, so I had to adjust my fan curves to get airflow across the card without it being audible, where the card would've normally been in 0 rpm mode at true idle. This behavior where multiple displays don't allow the card to fully downclock at idle is considered intentional by AMD, based on forum posts, if I remember correctly, on the AMD website. Maybe the 6000 series addresses it, and, all of that said, it's not nearly as bad as the Vega situation for multiple displays.