Need some case suggestions

TurquoiseA

Hi, I was lucky enough to secure an RTX 3090 earlier this evening in our local CC. So I started thinking of building a new monster. I prefer the case to be full tower as I think full tower would have better air flow in general, if I am not wrong. I am watching the msi z690 edge ddr4 MOBO at the moment and I am currently using NZXT S340 Elite. The rear fan stopped working after 4 years of use and luckily NZXT is sending me a new one. I personally do not have a strong feeling of NZXT cases as the S340 Elite failed me in terms of internal temperature. 

Here are my needs:

• at least 2 USB ports at the front panel. Type-c port would be much much better.
  • Great airflow;
  • I do not need RGB but I don't mind having it;
  • Full tower preferred but mid tower is also welcome;
  • 3 or more 3.5inch HDD bays;
  • Easy to open the case and at least one side should be transparant.

For my future specs, I will be choosing my CPU between intel 12900k and 12700k and I am considering a 360mm or 420mm AIO if not Noctua D15.

Thanks for watching and any help is greatly appreciated!

The Fractal Torrent would be my go-to for your needs, except it only has 2 3.5 hdd bays, not 3 or more. Next in line would probably be the Lian-Li o11 Dynamic XL which ticks all the boxes you want. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Lian Li Lancool II Mesh, Fractal Meshify 2 (XL), or Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 (AKA Enthoo 719) are all great options depending on your tastes and budget. I probably wouldn't go Enthoo unless you're planning on doing a custom loop, but it is a very versatile case. If your budget can handle it (which it seems like it can) I would probably go Meshify 2 XL. It is again an extremely versatile case, it looks great (photos really don't do it justice, in person it looks awesome). It's got a ton of HDD mounts, good front IO, easy to build in, and has great airflow. 

24 minutes ago, TurquoiseA said:

Hi, I was lucky enough to secure an RTX 3090 earlier this evening in our local CC. So I started thinking of building a new monster. I prefer the case to be full tower as I think full tower would have better air flow in general, if I am not wrong. I am watching the msi z690 edge ddr4 MOBO at the moment and I am currently using NZXT S340 Elite. The rear fan stopped working after 4 years of use and luckily NZXT is sending me a new one. I personally do not have a strong feeling of NZXT cases as the S340 Elite failed me in terms of internal temperature. 

Here are my needs:

• at least 2 USB ports at the front panel. Type-c port would be much much better.
  • Great airflow;
  • I do not need RGB but I don't mind having it;
  • Full tower preferred but mid tower is also welcome;
  • 3 or more 3.5inch HDD bays;
  • Easy to open the case and at least one side should be transparant.

For my future specs, I will be choosing my CPU between intel 12900k and 12700k and I am considering a 360mm or 420mm AIO if not Noctua D15.

Thanks for watching and any help is greatly appreciated!

I think that's an easy win for the Lian Li Lancool Mesh II.

It has two USB 3.0 ports on the front I/O, as well as a USB C port.

The case also has great airflow, space for three 3.5" drives, 3x included RGB fans, comes in white or black, and both sides have a tempered glass with magnetic closures.

Checks all the boxes.

PSU Tier List   AMD Motherboard Tier List   SSD Tier List

If your issue is resolved, please share the fix with the community.

16 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

The Fractal Torrent would be my go-to for your needs, except it only has 2 3.5 hdd bays, not 3 or more. Next in line would probably be the Lian-Li o11 Dynamic XL which ticks all the boxes you want. 

Thanks for your answer. I forgot to add this: How's the Corsair 7000D? I saw it has PWM control part and the airflow seems to be pretty good.

Just now, TurquoiseA said:

Thanks for your answer. I forgot to add this: How's the Corsair 7000D? I saw it has PWM control part and the airflow seems to be pretty good.

As long as you get the airflow edition it would be a great option as well. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card