Google fiber going to NYC, NY

Lightning

Lol sorry my fault I meant if I had the 5k to spend on getting it to my house it wouldn't matter because I'm only 19 and wouldn't put that money into a place I'm renting I wish I owned a house at 19 lol

Oh. :( A house at 19 would have been super impressive.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I hope this was in response to Comcast, hah. Either way, Google Fiber needs to come to Tampa though.

COMIC SANS

your a complete dickhead im 19 why the F**k should i have to pay for something telstra should do them selves years ago i pay $120 a month for 17mbps down and not even 1mbps  up and a shitty 500gb cap there the c**ts that wont upgrade there infrastructure with there billions of dollars they have they just want to milk the consumer dry and your clearly one of those dickheads that voted for this disgraceful pathetic excuse of a government.

Edit: experts have admitted that if u wanted to pay for the extended line to your house isnt as easy as malcom turnball originally said and not everyone owns a house at f***ing 19!!!!

Um ok? If you're 19, why do you not understand why we don't have fiber to the house? Do you realise as a country there isn't limitless money. You should be happy we get anything at all. It's hugely expensive to provide fiber all over our country, it's HUUUUUGEEE, and the population is so spread out. You should be happy with 17mbps down, I get 7 :( and I have Optus and pay a similar amount. 12 years ago, Telstra was majority owned by the Government, most telcos struggle to break even here due to the huge land mass and small number of people

OT: But to answer your question I actually voted for an independent. Who was in turn not elected. Please refrain from using terms like "Tony Faggit" etc. It makes you look 14.

Um ok? If you're 19, why do you not understand why we don't have fiber to the house? Do you realise as a country there isn't limitless money. You should be happy we get anything at all. It's hugely expensive to provide fiber all over our country, it's HUUUUUGEEE, and the population is so spread out. You should be happy with 17mbps down, I get 7 :( and I have Optus and pay a similar amount. 12 years ago, Telstra was majority owned by the Government, most telcos struggle to break even here due to the huge land mass and small number of people

OT: But to answer your question I actually voted for an independent. Who was in turn not elected. Please refrain from using terms like "Tony Faggit" etc. It makes you look 14.

I'm talking about Telstra paying for an infrastructure upgrade not the government... Also I know we aren't made of money but u really think it's right to spend 45billion on something that will have to be upgraded in a few years and by 2067 we would of payed Telstra 98b also fiber would of brought money to the country our mines aren't going to last forever it's been proven in America that fiber is a huge selling point for businesses and bring entrepreneurs also it gives Australians the opportunity to work from home!

Edit: fiber really is a hundred year infrastructure the cable itself basically doesn't get out dated because it can handle basically unlimited bandwidth it's the technology on either on the cable which can be upgraded a lot easier then laying new cables everytime this guy said he layed fiber in 1986 to his radio station and still has had no problems with u like copper with its degradation and pathetic Telstra pits the look like spaghetti constantly getting drop outs fiber would mean it doesn't matter how far u live from the exchange also as u don't loose bandwidth of distance unlike copper!

I'm talking about Telstra paying for an infrastructure upgrade not the government... Also I know we aren't made of money but u really think it's right to spend 45billion on something that will have to be upgraded in a few years and by 2067 we would of payed Telstra 98b also fiber would of brought money to the country our mines aren't going to last forever it's been proven in America that fiber is a huge selling point for businesses and bring entrepreneurs also it gives Australians the opportunity to work from home!

Well I'm surprised they don't bring it to just metropolitan areas, just under 50% of our population is in Sydney and Melbourne alone. Companies like iiNet have only just rolled out their own ADSL2+ networks, so it looks like the ISPs will never roll out their own. 

YES!

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

http://bgr.com/2014/04/15/google-fiber-new-york-city/

My home is finally getting good internet...!!!

But I won't be living in NYC for a while since I have to move out for medical school.....

:(

i live in long island -_-

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

Call me when they bring it to Burlington, Vt

If you have VTEL you will be getting gigabit internet soon.

http://www.vermontel.com/broadband-stimulus/wireless-open-world/fiber-to-the-home-update-and-faqs

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

Well, sorry, guys:

UPDATE: Speaking with Ars Technica, a Google spokesperson says that the company doesn’t currently have any plans to bring Google Fiber to New York. Members of the Google Fiber team have been operating out of the New York office for years.

"M. Aronnax." replied the Canadian, "your arguments are rotten at the foundation. You speak in the future, 'We shall be there! we shall be here!' I speak in the present, 'We are here, and we must profit by it.'"

Well, sorry, guys:

You disappoint me...

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

You disappoint me...

Defibs is have a sad ;_;

"M. Aronnax." replied the Canadian, "your arguments are rotten at the foundation. You speak in the future, 'We shall be there! we shall be here!' I speak in the present, 'We are here, and we must profit by it.'"

Google fiber to NYC is a great thing

Better internet to millions of people just right there

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"