Came back after a 1 month trip and my PC boots into Windows but after a few seconds/minutes the screen goes black.

neiqfoo

Went on holiday for a month, came back and tried to play some games and my PC boots into Windows but after a few seconds the screen goes black. Had to hold the power button and restart only for the same thing to happen. The time it takes to go to black screen varies from time to time. Sometimes I get enough time to reinstall the driveres, sometimes I dont even get past the BIOS splash screen when  you first turn on the PC.

When it boots back into Windows. I quickly checked device manager and it said my RX 580 is disabled, tried reenabling and nothing happens till i restart and the same thing repeats.

Here are the specs:

• Intel i7-4770

• MSI Z97 Gaming 3

• 16 GB DDR3 1600mHz

• Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 580 8GB

• Thermaltake BX1 750W Bronze

• Windows 10 21H1

Here are the things I have tried so that you guys can help narrow down the solution:

• Used DDU and reinstalled drivers a bunch of times, even went back a couple versions.
  • Tried the AMD Cleanup Utility and reinstalled drivers. Even used the Factory Settings.
  • Reseated the GPU
  • I have repasted the GPU and CPU about 2 months before I left so I doubt heat is an issue.
  • Cleaned the whole PC so no more dust.
  • Reseated the RAM
  • At this point, the GPU isnt installed. Used the integrated gpu in my cpu to do stuff and everything works fine but I kept getting BSOD's. (normal thing usually what I had to do is reseat the ram again and it goes away. Probably because my RAM are different brands, 2x4GB is SK Hynix and 2x4 is Kingston. XMP is already off)
  • Reseated the RAM again but I still kept getting BSOD's (not normal)
  • Took out the SK Hynix ones and now I get no BSOD's for 2 days now
  • Thought I fixed the problem so I put the GPU back in and still no improvements.
  • Cleared BIOS by taking the battery out for like 5 minutes and put it back in.
  • Bought a new CMOS battery and put it in.
  • Updated the BIOS to the latest version and my cpu chipsets.

At this point I have no idea what else could be the problem.

• Dead GPU?
  • Windows auto driver updates are already off.
  • It couldnt be because of lightning strikes because I unplugged my PC before I left. PSU not giving enough power? But I have no way to test.
  • Bad Mobo?

Any help would be very useful. Really hoping my GPU isnt broken since the prices are very high. Thanks alot! 

Edited by neiqfoo
Forgot to add Windows version

Run memtest86 first.

If you get errors then your ram may be the issue. Otherwise I'm not too sure

• CPU
    r5 5600x
  • Motherboard
    Arous b550 pro ac v1
  • RAM
    Tcreate 32gb ddr4 3600 cl18
  • GPU
    1660 super
  • Storage
    SN570 1tb
  • PSU
    Corsair CX750
  • Audio
    Lots of chi-fi iems
  • Operating System
    Windows 11 (lastest)

What harddrives are in the PC? Have you tested without GPU? How long did you remove CMOS battery for? Dosen't matter that you changed it. Try taking it out for 5-10 min. Leave everything at default. If ram is going to XMP automatically, try disabling that.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

1 hour ago, 8lec said:

Run memtest86 first.

If you get errors then your ram may be the issue. Otherwise I'm not too sure

Will try that sometime this week when I have time, I have to use my PC for now. Thanks

was the pc plugged in all that time?

psu switch on or off?

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

1 hour ago, DoctorNick said:

What harddrives are in the PC? Have you tested without GPU? How long did you remove CMOS battery for? Dosen't matter that you changed it. Try taking it out for 5-10 min. Leave everything at default. If ram is going to XMP automatically, try disabling that.

I got an Apacer 120gb SSD for Windows and a 2TB Seagate HDD for games and other stuff. I have tested without GPU and used my CPU's graphics which is the Intel HD Graphics 4600 with no problems whatsoever other than the random BSOD's due to the ram. I am currently replying to this with the PC but without the GPU installed. Also I have tried removing the CMOS battery before switching for 10-20 minutes and it showed the screen that says "Settings Changed" or something I dont remember. It automatically doesnt go to XMP and in the BIOS it says that XMP is disabled but greyed out and I cant change it. 

1 minute ago, Mark Kaine said:

was the pc plugged in all that time?

psu switch on or off?

No, before I left, I remembered to unplug it from the wall and turned it off. The PSU switch wasnt off though.

On 1/18/2022 at 10:36 AM, neiqfoo said:

No, before I left, I remembered to unplug it from the wall and turned it off. The PSU switch wasnt off though.

This is a weirdly touchy subject on "tech" forums, but thats not what you're supposed to do , the switch is there for a reason...

But honestly kinda sounds like something is wrong with the mobo too, no gpu and ram has also issues. 

that's tricky to diagnose,  ideally you'd try a new PSU, and if that doesn't fix it new mobo. 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

20 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

This is a weirdly touchy subject on "tech" forums, but thats not what you're supposed to do , the switch is there for a reason...

But honestly kinda sounds like something is wrong with the mobo too, no gpu and ram has also issues. 

that's tricky to diagnose,  ideally you'd try a new PSU, and if that doesn't fix it new mobo. 

Oh, are you not supposed to unplug the PC if you leave on long trips? I've been doing that since I was a child. Had no idea.

Also, I guess i should try getting a new PSU first? And if that doesnt work then probably a new motherboard? I feel like its the motherboard since my SK Hynix RAM is suddenly not working after using it the whole of last year. It keeps crashing after 2-3 hours. Even crashes when im not doing anything but playing Spotify in the background while I do something else in my room. But when I only use the Kingston, its fine. Is there any way I could figure out if its the PSU without getting a new one?

37 minutes ago, neiqfoo said:

Oh, are you not supposed to unplug the PC if you leave on long trips? I've been doing that since I was a child. Had no idea.

not really...

On 1/18/2022 at 10:36 AM, neiqfoo said:

The PSU switch wasnt off though.

you're supposed to use the switch before unplugging:

21 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

the switch is there for a reason..

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB