How long does a mouse/keyboard last?

thenicktg
Go to solution Solved by RONOTHAN##,

If your peripherals still work, you don't have any big problems with them (don't like the weight of the mouse, not a fan of the switch type of the keyboard, etc.), and there aren't any features on the new ones that you want (wireless, better RGB, analog key switches, etc.) then there really isn't a need to upgrade them. Run them into the ground. I've got keyboards that are ~10 years old and still going strong. If you do want new features or they're starting to annoy you, then sure you can upgrade, but don't feel like you need to. 

Hello everyone. As title says i am wondering how often does a good peripheral last. The reason i am asking this is because i am thinking of changing my 4 year old Logitech G502 to a Deathadder V2 and my Ornata Destiny 2 ED to a XTRFY. They still work as they did the day i bought them but i don't know if i should wait till their "last day" (knocking wood) or buy new ones now. My budget is around 150/200 because i am also upgrading my GPU (finally) and my CPU and i thought i could also upgrade my B450 mobo TO B550 but if i end up not buying it, i can use this money for new peripherals. What do you think guys? Thank you.

Keep what you have.  Cheap peripherals are good to have as a backup, but your primary stuff you should use until it bites the bullet.

If your peripherals still work, you don't have any big problems with them (don't like the weight of the mouse, not a fan of the switch type of the keyboard, etc.), and there aren't any features on the new ones that you want (wireless, better RGB, analog key switches, etc.) then there really isn't a need to upgrade them. Run them into the ground. I've got keyboards that are ~10 years old and still going strong. If you do want new features or they're starting to annoy you, then sure you can upgrade, but don't feel like you need to. 

`Upgrading your motherboard 

On 1/15/2022 at 2:29 PM, thenicktg said:

Hello everyone. As title says i am wondering how often does a good peripheral last. The reason i am asking this is because i am thinking of changing my 4 year old Logitech G502 to a Deathadder V2 and my Ornata Destiny 2 ED to a XTRFY. They still work as they did the day i bought them but i don't know if i should wait till their "last day" (knocking wood) or buy new ones now. My budget is around 150/200 because i am also upgrading my GPU (finally) and my CPU and i thought i could also upgrade my B450 mobo TO B550 but if i end up not buying it, i can use this money for new peripherals. What do you think guys? Thank you.

I don't think you should upgrade your motherboard, unless you absolutely need to. Examples of this would be needing a new socket for a new cpu, getting faster/more ram, or more specifically, needing to upgrade to nvme ssd. 

This video will tell you all about upgrading your motherboard, and it it's really needed.