not getting the desired results with my new 3080ti

Bullet4Justice
Go to solution Solved by TetraSky,

By "similar PC", what do you mean? What's his CPU compared to yours? Is it the exact same? If your friend has a better CPU than you, it's normal that their framerate is better than yours.

I see your temps going from 37˚C, reaching 50˚C, if this was during the benchmark... it's a bit low I'd say, unless your cooling is really good and the test was very short. All 8 cores and their 8 threads look to be detected... But are barely being utilized, staying in the low 500 Mhz to 1500 Mhz except in the last 2 minutes (I think that's minutes... surely you didn't run it for 26 hours... right?)

Did you configure the bios properly? Enabled XMP (or manually configured the RAM), disabled turbo power limit, etc.. ?

There's a few extra thing you could do, like disabling Intelppm service in windows

https://www.wintips.org/fix-cpu-not-running-at-full-speed-in-windows-10/

Hello. hope you are having a good day.

I managed to finally complete my first PC build since early 2021 by finally getting a Zotac 3080TI unfortunately I’m not getting the desired results. I compared the performance of the build with a friend of mine who has a similar pc and his outperforms mine significantly in terms of FPS. Initially we tested the performance on Dota 2 and I was getting 80-90 FPS while him having a stable 120 FPS. Then I benchmarked my pc using 3dmark using the “Time Spy” test my GPU score results were fine but there is a huge difference in the CPU score I was getting 7k while the ideal score was 11k. I attached a log from HWiNFO as well from the benchmark. If you know how I can detect where the shortcoming in performance is coming from please help, I would greatly appreciate it. thanks.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/NsYGBc

pc-logs.csv

By "similar PC", what do you mean? What's his CPU compared to yours? Is it the exact same? If your friend has a better CPU than you, it's normal that their framerate is better than yours.

I see your temps going from 37˚C, reaching 50˚C, if this was during the benchmark... it's a bit low I'd say, unless your cooling is really good and the test was very short. All 8 cores and their 8 threads look to be detected... But are barely being utilized, staying in the low 500 Mhz to 1500 Mhz except in the last 2 minutes (I think that's minutes... surely you didn't run it for 26 hours... right?)

Did you configure the bios properly? Enabled XMP (or manually configured the RAM), disabled turbo power limit, etc.. ?

There's a few extra thing you could do, like disabling Intelppm service in windows

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

59 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

this is a post I made for my friend, he was hesitant to mess with BIOS settings. I convinced him I would help him with the BIOS settings so he wouldn't get lost, we turned ON XMP and OC'd his 10700k to 5.1 and now the performance seems fine. thanks for the help.