Should I install my drivers from Asrock's site or the manufacture's?

Flux Azreal
Go to solution Solved by Kilrah,

You want GPU and chipset from the manufacturer and you likely won't need any other, Windows will load them automatically.

So I'm about to wipe my computer and install Windows 11, I know I need drivers and such and I want to have them all downloaded in advance so I don't forget about them (I'll back up the files of course) but I can't decide from where to download the drivers. Asrock provides a download page for all the drivers I need, but I don't know if they're the most up-to-date or if they're tailored for my motherboard. I was originally planning on going to the manufacture's site like amd's drivers page, realtek for their internet and audio drivers, etc. But I don't know which source I should download the drivers from, could anyone point me to the right direction?

image.thumb.png.d4735f73ed4c192dd5adf681a7809353.png

You want GPU and chipset from the manufacturer and you likely won't need any other, Windows will load them automatically.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

I download drivers for hardware that windows doesn't see automatically. After that, my view is if it ain't broke, don't update

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 minute ago, Kilrah said:

Got it, thank you!

9 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

I download drivers for hardware that windows doesn't see automatically. After that, my view is if it ain't broke, don't update

This is really the best strategy. People, especially those new to PC's seem to get very bent out of shape about "drivers" and believe its this long arduous process. In reality, get the OS installed and let Windows Update run a few times, outside of the GPU and chipset drivers that I ensure to manually install myself, everything else just works through WU on a reasonably modern system.