Turn key conferencing software/hardware setup suggestions

QChoumont

Hi all, I'm working IT for a small school and we need to set up a conferencing room. I'm trying to figure out the most turn key solution. A solution the teachers cant possibly mess up. Something that doesn't require me to be in the building to diagnose audio/video configuration issues. A solution that would allow your parents to seamlessly use Zoom, Meet, or Teams without finding a way to constantly Bork it.

I was thinking maybe a smartTV with a webcam but I've never used a solution like that so I don't know if it would work.
I was also wondering if their might be a Linux solution, something that maybe doesn't look like a desktop environment and just has the bare minimum options to open the necessary applications. Like think dementia phone operating systems where everything is really big and extraneous features like settings are axed for ease of use.

Any ideas?

31 minutes ago, QChoumont said:

Hi all, I'm working IT for a small school and we need to set up a conferencing room. I'm trying to figure out the most turn key solution. A solution the teachers cant possibly mess up. Something that doesn't require me to be in the building to diagnose audio/video configuration issues. A solution that would allow your parents to seamlessly use Zoom, Meet, or Teams without finding a way to constantly Bork it.

I was thinking maybe a smartTV with a webcam but I've never used a solution like that so I don't know if it would work.
I was also wondering if their might be a Linux solution, something that maybe doesn't look like a desktop environment and just has the bare minimum options to open the necessary applications. Like think dementia phone operating systems where everything is really big and extraneous features like settings are axed for ease of use.

Any ideas?

Well if you’re willing to go BSD instead of Linux there’s apple.  MacOS is BSD under all the cruft.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Invest into Logitech or Jabra. Or something like that. They are plug-n-play solutions where one or two cables are enough. If you want cheap, then there will be more configuration and more points for possible issues.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv