Fan Controller

Hexxagone

I will have 7 fans in my new build, 4 case fans and 3 for the AIO. I would like all the fans on the same fan curve.

I saw that Best Buy has a Razer PWM Fan Controller, would I be able to control the fans from the motherboard BIOs or would I have to use Razors software if I buy this hub, would fan splitters work better instead?

You need to give more information

Are the connectors std? If so buy a splitter with aditional psu allimentation. This needs one plug into the mobo and you can control all fans.

If these fans are brach specific then you need to buy a contoller made for the fans.

7 minutes ago, SmeldorTheEmperor said:

You need to give more information

Are the connectors std? If so buy a splitter with aditional psu allimentation. This needs one plug into the mobo and you can control all fans.

If these fans are brach specific then you need to buy a contoller made for the fans.

I bought Noctua NF-A12 fans

5 minutes ago, Hexxagone said:

I bought Noctua NF-A12 fans

If all fans use the same connector you can get away with this(nog this one exactlty just an example), i think. U only need to configure 1 mobo header.

But i would recommend to connect the cpu aio fans into the cpu fan header and put the other 4 with a 4 way splitter on to the motherboard, this will be fine normally

That's not actually a good idea. AIO fans should be adjusted independently from case intake, which should also be adjusted independently of case exhaust.

Just running all the fans at the same speed means you're either going to be producing more noise than you need to be, not cooling certain components properly, or just have an unbalanced pressure in your case.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

15 hours ago, Chris Pratt said:

That's not actually a good idea. AIO fans should be adjusted independently from case intake, which should also be adjusted independently of case exhaust.

Just running all the fans at the same speed means you're either going to be producing more noise than you need to be, not cooling certain components properly, or just have an unbalanced pressure in your case.

throws hubs always hook to the cpu fan header and any fan hooked to it controlled by cpu temp. 90% of build do this...

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

1 hour ago, thrasher_565 said:

throws hubs always hook to the cpu fan header and any fan hooked to it controlled by cpu temp. 90% of build do this...

It has no bearing what particular header it's connected to; you can control all or none via the CPU temp sensor. That's not the point. The point is controlling how fast each set of fans runs independently, which you can't do if they're all plugged into the same header via a hub. For example, my AIO fans run at 1200RPM, while my case fans are normally running at just 700-800RPM. I get plenty of cooling with that and low fan noise. You can just run everything at 1200RPM, but that's neither efficient nor best for noise.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

3 hours ago, Chris Pratt said:

It has no bearing what particular header it's connected to; you can control all or none via the CPU temp sensor. That's not the point. The point is controlling how fast each set of fans runs independently, which you can't do if they're all plugged into the same header via a hub. For example, my AIO fans run at 1200RPM, while my case fans are normally running at just 700-800RPM. I get plenty of cooling with that and low fan noise. You can just run everything at 1200RPM, but that's neither efficient nor best for noise.

ya but people are cheap and want easy control no messing with any setting.  bios settings are a pain some times trying to find what control works with what fan header. not all mbs have alot of control of the headers well some may have alot. even some might have gpu temp control .

yes more control to min max would be best and if you have different fans they can be set to different rpms. i be leave icue and a commander control the fans by gpu temp i think and probably aqua computer as well but that's like $80

some gpus have headers on it most dont. some might have argb headers as well but most dont too.

you can buy a gpu to pwm adapter but that would mean taking the cooler apart. i will be doing this as i got the cable and will be water cooling the gpu.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links