Help with 4k TV to xbox series x

So I recently got an xbox series x and I also got a 4k Ultra HD TV from the brand 'Eko' but despite it being 4k with HDR support my xbox series X says that my tv cannot run at that resolution. I've seen people online say that use the correct HDMI port but it won't work in any of them and I am using the ultra high speed HDMI cable included with my xbox series x. If possible can someone let me know if theres a way to change the HDMI compatibility options in the settings on Android TV as it is an androi TV. Thank you in advance anyone who helps 

It should be able to hit 4K, no matter what. The only real problem would be like not being able to run at 120Hz or something. 4K has been a supported resolution for HDMI for a long time, just at lower refresh rates, and perhaps without HDR support.

I've never heard of the TV you're using, but that's almost certainly the problem, as the Series X and the cable included in the box definitely support 4K@120Hz with HDR. It's either using a very old HDMI standard for its ports or there's some manufacturing or software defect.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

I will try contacting their support and asking some questions hopefully they can help. Thank you for the quick reply 

41 minutes ago, Chris Pratt said:

It should be able to hit 4K, no matter what. The only real problem would be like not being able to run at 120Hz or something. 4K has been a supported resolution for HDMI for a long time, just at lower refresh rates, and perhaps without HDR support.

I've never heard of the TV you're using, but that's almost certainly the problem, as the Series X and the cable included in the box definitely support 4K@120Hz with HDR. It's either using a very old HDMI standard for its ports or there's some manufacturing or software defect.

Just another update real quick it seems that the HDMI setting was set to HDMI 1.4 out of the box and I changed it to 2.0 and 4k is now working it took me a while to find the setting but thanks anyways have nice day/night 🙂

• 3 months later...
On 1/10/2022 at 12:12 AM, TwoFactor said:

Just another update real quick it seems that the HDMI setting was set to HDMI 1.4 out of the box and I changed it to 2.0 and 4k is now working it took me a while to find the setting but thanks anyways have nice day/night 🙂

Hi, 

can you kindly update how you changed from 1.4 to 2.0 hdmi. I brought a EKO 70” 4K UHD tv. It’s only allowing me to play games in 1080HD. I’m having the exact same issue as yourself. 

thanks.