800 Gaming Budget PC

Wuishy

Budget (including currency): $800 (No Taxes Included)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gta, Forza, School (:D)

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Currently playing on a burning igpu laptop so this is an upgrade! I do not need any peripherals besides a monitor. Just need pc and the monitor! Thanks in advance!

Hello fellow members, I have been at building a pc for the upcoming RTX 3050 and my budget build has gone over my budget! I have completed everything in the build to be the cheapest and bang for the buck. I am willing to change most things even the graphics card if recommended. My current questions are mainly on what are some good products that can help me reduce my cost.

Somethings I Just Want Considered,

Motherboard

Graphics Card

[PCPartPicker Part List](https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xXhKJf)

Type|Item|Price

:----|:----|:----

**CPU** | [Intel Core i3-10100F 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/r8Dkcf/intel-core-i3-10100f-36-ghz-quad-core-processor-bx8070110100f) | $88.97 @ Amazon

**Motherboard** | [MSI B560M PRO-VDH WIFI Micro ATX LGA1200 Motherboard](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/vsLFf7/msi-b560m-pro-vdh-wifi-micro-atx-lga1200-motherboard-b560m-pro-vdh-wifi) | $119.99 @ Amazon

**Memory** | [Silicon Power XPOWER Turbine 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/zBTzK8/silicon-power-xpower-turbine-16-gb-2-x-8-gb-ddr4-3200-memory-sp016gxlzu320bda) | $51.97 @ Amazon

**Storage** | [Samsung 980 250 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/VMbTwP/samsung-980-250-gb-m2-2280-nvme-solid-state-drive-mz-v8v250bam) | $44.99 @ Adorama

**Case** | [Corsair 4000D ATX Mid Tower Case](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/2bMTwP/corsair-4000d-atx-mid-tower-case-cc-9011199-ww) | $54.99 @ Newegg

**Power Supply** | [EVGA BQ 600 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/DmWrxr/evga-bq-600w-80-bronze-certified-semi-modular-atx-power-supply-110-bq-0600-k1) | $39.99 @ Amazon

**Operating System** | [Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/wtgPxr/microsoft-os-kw900140) | $108.78 @ Other World Computing

**Custom**| Rtx 3050| $250.00

**Custom**| Msi Monitor| $200.00

| *Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts* |

| Total (before mail-in rebates) | $979.68

| Mail-in rebates | -$20.00

| **Total** | **$959.68**

| Generated by [PCPartPicker](https://pcpartpicker.com) 2022-01-08 17:58 EST-0500 |

Thank you in advance!

There you go....

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i3-10100F 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor ($88.97 @ Amazon) 

Motherboard: MSI B560M PRO-VDH WIFI Micro ATX LGA1200 Motherboard ($119.99 @ Newegg) 

Memory: Neo Forza FAYE 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory ($49.99 @ Newegg Sellers) 

Storage: Western Digital Blue SN550 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($42.99 @ Newegg) 

Case: Thermaltake Versa H18 MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($54.99 @ Amazon) 

Power Supply: BitFenix Formula Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply ($49.90 @ Amazon) 

Monitor: MSI Optix G24C 23.6" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor ($179.99 @ B&H) 

Custom: Rtx 3050 ($250.00)

Total: $836.82

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-01-08 22:25 EST-0500

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo - ASRock X470 Taichi

Memory - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) 

Storage - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TBWD Black 1TB

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti LIGHTNING

CaseFractal Design Meshify C

PSUSuper Flower Leadex II Gold 650W

@VEXICUSwow thanks man! this is my first build any things I need to know or even buy such as wires?

The price of windows is just ridiculous I wish I could transfer my laptop windows to the computer

I'd wait like 2 weeks before finalizing the parts list, since B660 and the new i3s are being released about now. They should fully be out soon, and it's a big performance uplift for not much more. 

1 minute ago, Wuishy said:

@VEXICUSwow thanks man! this is my first build any things I need to know or even buy such as wires?

Nope, for the most part everything you need to build your computer will come with it. Just make sure you have a good screw driver, nd you should be good. 

Good luck getting that GPU though.

The price of windows is just ridiculous I wish I could transfer my laptop windows to the computer

Look on eBay and other key resellers, you can get keys for like $10. 

Either that or when you go to install it, just hit "I don't have a key" and you'll never be asked to do that again. Worst you'll have is the inability to change the wallpaper and a watermark in the bottom right corner, but both of those aren't hard to get rid of. 

There is a way to transfer license from a laptop, it just involves jumping through hoops to do.

@RONOTHAN##most of those keys are altered with codes that are malicous

But no.......

You can buy it from a malicious site, those you want to avoid, but the key just tells Microsoft that you bought the key. There is no way that the key can be malicious since the way that it works is impossible to be malicious. 

10 minutes ago, Wuishy said:

@RONOTHAN##most of those keys are altered with codes that are malicous

It doesn't work that way at all. the string of text just gets taken to Microsoft's servers and they check if it's valid.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

31 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

I'd wait like 2 weeks before finalizing the parts list, since B660 and the new i3s are being released about now. They should fully be out soon, and it's a big performance uplift for not much more. 

OP is already over budget. I don't think going for the latest mainstream cpu and chipset is an option...

PSU Tier List   AMD Motherboard Tier List   SSD Tier List

If your issue is resolved, please share the fix with the community.

14 minutes ago, Tech87 said:

OP is already over budget. I don't think going for the latest mainstream cpu and chipset is an option...

but you can get it to budget even with the latest CPUs and stuff.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/RCdry4

It's ~$30 over budget, but that $30 is well worth it IMO. When more B660 boards release for cheaper (this was just the first B660 board that I found a price for), you should be able to get that $30 off. 

1 hour ago, RONOTHAN## said:

but you can get it to budget even with the latest CPUs and stuff.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/RCdry4

It's ~$30 over budget, but that $30 is well worth it IMO. When more B660 boards release for cheaper (this was just the first B660 board that I found a price for), you should be able to get that $30 off. 

That's a sketchy case and hard drive.

No reason to go with an SSD drive over an nvme for your main system boot drive.

I suspect once you swap those out for quality parts, and also add the cost of a Windows 10 license key, you're going to be closer to the $900 mark.

Perhaps the OP is okay with going over budget though...

PSU Tier List   AMD Motherboard Tier List   SSD Tier List

If your issue is resolved, please share the fix with the community.

8 minutes ago, Tech87 said:

Oh yeah definitely, I wouldn't personally run it, but I'm also used to having slightly higher budgets. For a super budget rigs for friends, I've honestly gone sketchier and been fine. 

9 minutes ago, Tech87 said:

Price is a big thing. For a boot drive, SATA SSDs aren't noticeably better than NVMe drives, and it's a decent place to save money. Granted, I wouldn't recommend cheaping out this much on a drive and would get a better one, but I would prioritize avoiding 10th/11th gen Intel over a really good drive. 

15 minutes ago, Tech87 said:

I suspect once you swap those out for quality parts, and also add the cost of a Windows 10 license key, you're going to be closer to the $900 mark.

I'd keep the case, since quite honestly it's a really good place to save money, and it should cool that level of parts just fine, but I do agree with an SSD. $15 more for an SSD and $10 for a Windows License (if you're not gonna just run it with the watermark, which honestly for this budget I would do), it comes out at ~$860. It's still not far off from the budget, and if you get any of the parts used (the monitor specifically goes pretty cheap on the used market, at least around me I've seen similar panels go for under $100) you will be under budget. 

27 minutes ago, Tech87 said:

Perhaps the OP is okay with going over budget though...

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i3-12100F 3.3 GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($109.95 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($219.99 @ B&H) 
Memory: G.Skill Aegis 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($57.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN550 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($89.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Cougar MX330-G ATX Mid Tower Case  ($46.99 @ B&H) 
Power Supply: Corsair CXF 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Monitor: MSI Optix G241VC 23.6" 1920x1080 75 Hz Monitor  ($154.98 @ Newegg) 
Custom: 3050 ($250.00)
Total: $999.88
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-01-09 00:51 EST-0500

perhaps by waiting for B660 boards they can fit it under the budget, or at least close enough to not mind

░█▀▀█ ▒█░░░ ▒█▀▀▄ ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█▀▀█   ▒█░░░ ░█▀▀█ ▒█░▄▀ ▒█▀▀▀ 
▒█▄▄█ ▒█░░░ ▒█░▒█ ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█▄▄▀   ▒█░░░ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▀▄░ ▒█▀▀▀ 
▒█░▒█ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▄▄▀ ▒█▄▄▄ ▒█░▒█   ▒█▄▄█ ▒█░▒█ ▒█░▒█ ▒█▄▄▄