Virtual Reality on Cows

G_K

Summary

Looking through the news today and saw this, this farm is testing out VR Headsets on Cows, at first i thought it was a joke but its true, at the moment according to the news its in the testing faze to see if it works, In the winter the cows produce less milk, so the farmer now is starting to use headsets for the cows so the cows think that its summer being in a virutal summer field, and according to the farmer because of vr, the cows have increased the amount of milk up to 27 liters from 22 liters, inside the virutal world the cows think there eating grass in a feild when there eating the hay outside there pen but they don't know because of the headset on them

Quotes

Cows fitted with virtual reality goggles in bizarre farming stunt

My thoughts

Looking through the news today and found this for the first time ever, at first i thought it was a joke, but then they said it works and the cows produce more milk from using VR, what do you think of this, true, not true?

Sources

-= Moved to Off Topic=-

This is not Tech News.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

3 hours ago, TOMPPIX said:

That's just pure bullshit.

Esp when you discover you were udderly devastated online in a game by a cow.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

• 2 weeks later...

Really disturbing thought all of sudden. STD free childless young women are kidnapped and Forcibly Induce to supply Breast Milk for well-heeled Adults who drink this for it's health benefits... By the means of wearing VR...

There's actually People who consume for supposed Benefits. Weightlifters/Bodybuilders and those with Cancer among others... 

7 hours ago, whm1974 said:

Really disturbing thought all of sudden. STD free childless young women are kidnapped and Forcibly Induce to supply Breast Milk for well-heeled Adults who drink this for it's health benefits... By the means of wearing VR...

There's actually People who consume for supposed Benefits. Weightlifters/Bodybuilders and those with Cancer among others... 

Uuhhh... no?

Even if you were to kidnap women in rural areas of 3rd world countries that have never even heard of VR, they will quickly realize that 

1. This isn't real life. WHAT THE HELL IS THIS (and consequently panic)
  2. What is this darn thing stuck to my head?!

I guess you could induce a certain state of weakened perception and easier malleability with drugs but, at that point, between kidnapping, setting up the VR "farm", getting enough drugs to keep them pliable and productive for long periods of time...  might as well just stick to the drugs themselves and run your own cartel, tbh.

Lol the dual VR headset 🤣

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

3 hours ago, Rauten said:

Uuhhh... no?

Even if you were to kidnap women in rural areas of 3rd world countries that have never even heard of VR, they will quickly realize that 

1. This isn't real life. WHAT THE HELL IS THIS (and consequently panic)
  2. What is this darn thing stuck to my head?!

I guess you could induce a certain state of weakened perception and easier malleability with drugs but, at that point, between kidnapping, setting up the VR "farm", getting enough drugs to keep them pliable and productive for long periods of time...  might as well just stick to the drugs themselves and run your own cartel, tbh.

There is actually a silly Vegan Movie about Women abducted for Breast Milk Production for the 1%. The Plot centers around: What if Women were Milked like Factory Farmed Dairy Animals... With Offspring used for Veal.. Or discarded...

It is called "The Herd". Mind you I couldn't get past the Dead Baby dropped in Trashcan... Cult Classic it isn't. The Film was produce by Vegans trying to convince Regular Folks to stop consuming Dairy Products. Not worth watching at all. Doesn't even have Bare Breasts...

Note: There are actually ways to Induce Lactation in Women w/o giving birth. One of which is using same Homoanes New Mothers are already producing for feeding Newborns. Or simply massage her Breast and Nipples often enough and use Pumps.

Is there's an actual Market for Mother's Milk for Babies who fail to thrive on Formula. And Bodybuilders... 

5 minutes ago, whm1974 said:

It is called "The Herd". Mind you I couldn't get past the Dead Baby dropped in Trashcan...

...delightful.

*shivers*

1 hour ago, Rauten said:

...delightful.

*shivers*

Personally I would have used Aliens abduction of young women for their breast milk instead. Without the stillborn babies of course. More likely to become a Cult Classic.

Didn't they have cows with VR a few years ago too. I seem to recall articles taking a few times about this a while back.

https://texashillcountry.com/cows-virtual-reality-headsets/

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Man...... 🥴
This thread got weird with what looks like B movie Sci-Fi plots from the 60's, complete with bad acid-trip script writing or so it seems.
And probrably would become a cult classic as stated above.

Maybe one of the tunes on the soundtrack would be "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds"?

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

16 hours ago, Beerzerker said:

Man...... 🥴
This thread got weird with what looks like B movie Sci-Fi plots from the 60's, complete with bad acid-trip script writing or so it seems.
And probrably would become a cult classic as stated above.

Maybe one of the tunes on the soundtrack would be "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds"?

Exportation Horror Film. Complete with Forced Lactation of Bare Breasts and Egg Implantation by Stinger... There actually Young Women who have Fantasies about this happening to them...

But back to the subject. Does this work Goats and Sheep?