Does the GTX1660Ti have the same NVENC chip of the RTX20-30 series ?

IvanPicha

Hello guys i just want to know if that the GTX1660Ti have the same NVENC chip of the RTX20-30 series ? Cuz recently i start streaming i just like it but its so blury when i have motion with my rx580. x264 with cpu encoding is better but i feel lose of perfomance in some heavy games. So i found that new NVENC chip have the best quality with almost no perfomance lose but i found that RTX series have it. Also i read that 1660ti have it but i have to ask to be sure. Thanks

3 minutes ago, IvanPicha said:

Hello guys i just want to know if that the GTX1660Ti have the same NVENC chip of the RTX20-30 series ? Cuz recently i start streaming i just like it but its so blury when i have motion with my rx580. x264 with cpu encoding is better but i feel lose of perfomance in some heavy games. So i found that new NVENC chip have the best quality with almost no perfomance lose but i found that RTX series have it. Also i read that 1660ti have it but i have to ask to be sure. Thanks

It does have NVENC it just comes down to what series of NVENC and the performance of the card. I used to have a GTX 1060, and was told to use NVENC but saw no significant gains. Using a streaming PC I got my performance back.

Now I have an RTX 3060, and I still get a noticeable drop in performance on games like COD and Forza when attempting to stream with NVENC. It's not a crazy drop, but I can tell.

Moral of the story is there will always be a bit of a performance loss with streaming.

The GTX 1660-series (regular, Ti and Super) have Turing NVENC encoders, just like the RTX-20 series. This is mention in the spec sheet on Nvidia's website.

The RTX 30-series has NVENC encoding too, but they don't mention if it's a new encoder, or the same as the previous gen.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

13 minutes ago, IvanPicha said:

i just want to know if that the GTX1660Ti have the same NVENC chip of the RTX20-30 series ?

yes, the 1660ti have NVENC Turing, which is, i believe, the same ones on Ampere cards

in Turing GPUs, only the GTX1650 is the odd one out, as it have NVENC Volta (which is more equivalent to NVENC Pascal afaik) instead of NVENC Turing

1650 super (and Ti?) uses NVENC Turing

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Thanks a lot i will search for 1660ti cuz this is most cheap one i guess what i can found for what i need. I just play on 1080p i was happy with my rx580 untill i start streaming. The encoding is so daymn bad in games like fortnite when there is a lot of motion the blurines is insane. I spend hours of testing with different resolutions bitrate fps etc. still every time the same blur when i have motion on the screen. When i stop to move its clear but when i start to move around it start to be blury.

May i ask if i found used lets say gtx1070 will it be better then my rx580 for encoding streaming ?