Xeon e5 2580 v2 power consumption and psu?

Go to solution Solved by Blue4130,
25 minutes ago, SaHaRzZz said:

I want to run this CPU coupled with a GTX 550TI for the display, and use it as a 24/7 server, that will be on 100% sometimes.
The question is.. is a 450W power supply enough? because whenever I check with PSU calculators, it shows that the max consumtion is under 400, and the recommended is 400-450W PSU. will that be enough for my purposes?

Also while at it.. I'm going to need a budget CPU cooler to go along with it, I'm thinking about the Hyper 212, is there a better suggestion? because I don't really know how this chip behaves.

I have a e5 2650 and gtx750, my load tests with both at 100% are 177w.

I don't see your setup being double that. 

I want to run this CPU coupled with a GTX 550TI for the display, and use it as a 24/7 server, that will be on 100% sometimes.
The question is.. is a 450W power supply enough? because whenever I check with PSU calculators, it shows that the max consumtion is under 400, and the recommended is 400-450W PSU. will that be enough for my purposes?

Also while at it.. I'm going to need a budget CPU cooler to go along with it, I'm thinking about the Hyper 212, is there a better suggestion? because I don't really know how this chip behaves.

25 minutes ago, SaHaRzZz said:

10 hours ago, Blue4130 said:

Great to hear 🙂
Thank you!

10 hours ago, Blue4130 said:

Careful, beware Fermi.