Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

Hell yeah! Every minute of the day is Touhou time!

I actually had a crack at touhou 6, embodiment of scarlet devil. And it's pretty 

darn fun, been playing it a fair bit since yesterday. Admittedly i have yet to go

beyond stage 5 on normal, but i have a habit of keeping all my bombs thinking

that i want to get through the difficult stages without them. 

Brave Shine by Aimer the opening to the 2nd seaon of Ufotable's Fate/stay night UBW anime is my new favorite opening.

There is also Emiya theme from fate which is also epic. 

-snip-

Then there is You Are My King  which plays during the fight between the(to me) 2 best characters of Fate, Gilgamesh and Rider. Rider(F/Z) is just too epic and a true king and Gilgamesh,well he is Gilgamesh, the best there is :P

-snip-

Look up overpowered in the dictionary. It'll just be a picture of Gilgamesh.

persona 3 the movie, i dunno which one there are a few of them.

Video game master race!

There's a TV series that's set before the game or something, then there's a set of 4 movies. I believe the first two are translated, the 3rd just released this month in Japan, and the last one is still TBA.

Would you look at that. Another 4 movie series that I'm waiting on. >.>

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

Most of those things I have never had in a car. Only things on that list is the speedometer and abs. I do have cruise control on one but never used it.

Ah cruisecontrol was the word :ph34r: Use it often on the highway. Set in 130kph and lean back lol.

Anyways there should be some college slice of life animes. Those highschoolers act way too innocent for me.

I just found something to watch tonight. The Vengeance Trilogy. Apparently they are "brutal, tragic, dark and amazing films."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Vengeance_Trilogy

I'm hyped and I've only seen these Cinemagraphs of them (which apparently that movie lends itself well to the idea of a Cinemagraph): http://imgur.com/a/PMKyA

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Anyways there should be some college slice of life animes. Those highschoolers act way too innocent for me.

Are there no good ones?

CPU: Intel i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core   Mobo: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150   Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series(2x4GB) DDR3-1600   GPU: Asus Strix OC GTX 970   HDD: WD Black 2TB - 7200RPM   SDD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB   PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze - SemiMod   Case: NZXT S340 (Black)

PCPartPicker: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/PortedOasis/saved/fhdG3C

Are there no good ones?

There are but besides the protagonist becomes a couple with the girl there isn't much unpredictable in the slice of life, romance genre.

They could show a little more.

I challenge everyone in the club to post at least 2 anime song/opening/ending or whatever song they like! (Different ones are preferred but anyways just post it) 

Well I am looking for good anime songs for Osu! so I just made this thing up so I could get some good songs xD

you should have specified some exclusions like GITS, champloo, cowboy, and apparently K-on

I 80% rate OP/ED not by the music but by visuals instead, IMO Shingeki no bahamut is the most visually interesting one (or at least tied with Dandy) and most of these are just plain fun to look at.

root A is nice too, hella artsy. I appreciate the dissonant music, it's rare to find stuff like that these days. There's a lot going on in this OP compared to others I've seen, despite little movement.

truly best OP both EN/JP versions, squint your eyes a bit because the quality is pretty low and this video needs some AA

in terms of music, Evangelion takes the cake. Kom susser tod was dope/10 in the tang scene in EoE. I wanted to post that, but you can't find it on Youtube because it's clogged with AMV and other useless fan shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAmko4fvkC0

3TB cuda just came in time to back up and swap

Error: 410

Look up overpowered in the dictionary. It'll just be a picture of Gilgamesh.

Video game master race!

There's a TV series that's set before the game or something, then there's a set of 4 movies. I believe the first two are translated, the 3rd just released this month in Japan, and the last one is still TBA.

Would you look at that. Another 4 movie series that I'm waiting on. >.>

the persona games were awesome but then they made a manga and it was extremely popular they didnt even get a chance to finish it before people demanded an anime to be made, they then oddly thoughts lets do it for p4 instead of p3 which makes sense as it got more sales but the storyline undoubtedly was a lot better in p3. After the anime did well people wanted more, the p4 golden came out then and the p3 movie was coming. The rest is history, its one of mu most favorite series of all time, such a shame that its a sony exclusive

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I challenge everyone in the club to post at least 2 anime song/opening/ending or whatever song they like! (Different ones are preferred but anyways just post it) 

Well I am looking for good anime songs for Osu! so I just made this thing up so I could get some good songs xD

First off, a very light OP. For anyone who hasn't watched it, Kimi Ni Todoke is a fantastic series (both seasons). 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hb8O6Iu3Bik

And one of my favourite openings. Got me into nano.RIPE

And for the best OST in general, it's got to be Shiki.

the persona games were awesome but then they made a manga and it was extremely popular they didnt even get a chance to finish it before people demanded an anime to be made, they then oddly thoughts lets do it for p4 instead of p3 which makes sense as it got more sales but the storyline undoubtedly was a lot better in p3. After the anime did well people wanted more, the p4 golden came out then and the p3 movie was coming. The rest is history, its one of mu most favorite series of all time, such a shame that its a sony exclusive

I love persona 3 and 4 (can't say I love the series because I haven't played the first two, even if they are different). I agree. Persona 4 felt more polished, but persona 3 was better overall and I liked the story much more. Saving a city full of people from monsters they can't hope to fight is much more compelling than saving a half-dozen people from a person that the police and detectives are in the process of tracking down.

Akamaru > Teddy

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

Now that almost all season premieres have aired, I guess I can compare my expectations before the season to my actual impression of each show

Expectation:

hypage.jpg

After premiere:

after1st.jpg

Yet to air: Yamada and the seven witches, and the Grisaias.

Almost everything surprised me positively. And almost everything I wasn't expecting to even watch but ended up watching anyway, were bad, except Etotama which is strangely funny. Biggest positive surprise: Mikagura Gakuen, I had no idea you could base an anime on vocaloid songs (!) and it'd turn out this awesome.

Are there no good ones?

Well there's Golden Time. But impressively, a few of the characters in Golden Time act even more childish than the ones in your typical high school anime, lol

What Persona anime would you recommend starting with for someone who has no clue about any part of the franchise?

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

ill agree with you there, shiki even with its oddness does have the best anime soundtrack ive heard so far.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Got some bad news guys =(

Looks like the giveaway will be delayed a bit... the headphones I ordered are suppose to be in my possession today but I don't see the package anywhere. According to UPS the package was left at the front door, I came home to find nothing there.... I'm afraid someone may have stolen it. 

I've sent Massdrop a support ticket, hopefully the problem is resolved so we can get the ball rolling! I will not let such a little problem ruin the giveaway!

17c67ac11595f864558ce082ee699380e2711b6d

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Looks like the giveaway will be delayed a bit... the headphones I ordered are suppose to be in my possession today but I don't see the package anywhere. According to UPS the package was left at the front door, I came home to find nothing there.... I'm afraid someone may have stolen it. 

I've sent Massdrop a support ticket, hopefully the problem is resolved so we can get the ball rolling! I will not let such a little problem ruin the giveaway!

You better go flash that burner around and get it back. They need to learn who they are stealing from...

You know, from what i've heard about American postal service companies they're all lazy, inconsiderate, thieving and overall a bunch of scumbags. Here, If it's signed for they'll take it to the post office. Do you have the same? If not, and it doesn't need signing for they'll knock or leave it at the door step or if its clothing throw it over the fence or even take it back to the post office. Oh well. Alls well that ends well eh. Fingers crossed it gets resolved.

Steve

You better go flash that burner around and get it back. They need to learn who they are stealing from...

What burner? I'm confused. 

sample_86bd4dda71dcd91d24a82123c8e6600fe

You know, from what i've heard about American postal service companies they're all lazy, inconsiderate, thieving and overall a bunch of scumbags. Here, If it's signed for they'll take it to the post office. Do you have the same? If not, and it doesn't need signing for they'll knock or leave it at the door step or if its clothing throw it over the fence or even take it back to the post office. Oh well. Alls well that ends well eh. Fingers crossed it gets resolved.

I've never had a item I order get stolen before, a laptop was once delivered to the wrong house and the neighbor did bring it to my attention a couple of days later. Newegg already had a 2nd package in transit to cover for the loss before which was nice however I notified them again because I got the original. That's really my only blunder so far on receiving packages from online purchases.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

What burner? I'm confused. 

sample_86bd4dda71dcd91d24a82123c8e6600fe

I've never had a item I order get stolen before, a laptop was once delivered to the wrong house and the neighbor did bring it to my attention a couple of days later. Newegg already had a 2nd package in transit to cover for the loss before which was nice however I notified them again because I got the original. That's really my only blunder so far on receiving packages from online purchases.

you must have forgotten what was talked about lol

a burner is a throw away gun in this context

you missed the part where he has to go around town coercing people to pay up, packing burners in fit clothes to let the tools show

economics is a chore indeed, especially when it involves getting people to pay what they owe.

Lol, I had a similar experience when I was indentured like Fred once but I wasn't having any more of that after like 4 days of stress.

Like eloquently said before,

"fools get real quiet when you introduce them to Mr Wesson"

-Descartes

I'm picturing Fred pulling out of a lifted Chevy on chrome 22's with candy blue paint blasting Touhou music with an odd gait because all that steel makes it difficult to walk.

Hm got stuff stolen 1 time, turns out it was the deliveryguy. He lost his job :) Parcelservices are usual lazy and don't care about their items. Seen them kicking boxes around quite often. So needs to be packaged bombproofed :(

I had Yodel deliver a 42" TV. They left it with a neighbour that was halfway down the street and didn't leave a calling card or anything. The neighbour didn't say anything either for a week, then I got a call from the company I ordered it from, telling me it had been left with a neighbour xD That's the worst I've ever had. 

I have a parcel coming from Poland tomorrow, and I only ordered it on Tuesday. Some couriers are very good. 

I had Yodel deliver a 42" TV. They left it with a neighbour that was halfway down the street and didn't leave a calling card or anything. The neighbour didn't say anything either for a week, then I got a call from the company I ordered it from, telling me it had been left with a neighbour xD That's the worst I've ever had. 

I have a parcel coming from Poland tomorrow, and I only ordered it on Tuesday. Some couriers are very good. 

Yes some are really excellent but there are the occasional bad employees that end up ruining their names.

My friend's father sent her a small parcel containing an Iphone 6+ and when it arrived all there was left was the chocolate bars that were included. The box 6+ was nowhere to be found and the parcel had forged signatures.

She then posted it on facebook and asked me to spread the word using my "set of skills". And after a week or so it went viral to the point of national TV.

Here's a photo :)

10997444_10204735748528441_7269010498221

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

you must have forgotten what was talked about lol

a burner is a throw away gun in this context

He knows what it is.

I heard from reliable sources that you can hear Fred's strap clack clacking across continents.

Error: 410

Well there's Golden Time. But impressively, a few of the characters in Golden Time act even more childish than the ones in your typical high school anime, lol

I'll have to check it out. If its fun childish then I'm guessing I'll enjoy it, though by the sounds of it it could be annoying. Thanks.

CPU: Intel i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core   Mobo: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150   Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series(2x4GB) DDR3-1600   GPU: Asus Strix OC GTX 970   HDD: WD Black 2TB - 7200RPM   SDD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB   PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze - SemiMod   Case: NZXT S340 (Black)

PCPartPicker: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/PortedOasis/saved/fhdG3C

And that is why I never have stuff delivered to my house. I always send it to work. Never had anything missing.

Blarg

You da best fred.

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN