Pitted and failed 3D prints

BiotechBen

I have an Anycubic Mega Pro (95% sure) that's a little over a year old and I've been having the problem of my prints not coming out smoothly. I've been using the same type of filament and settings every time but over the months the prints have been struggling to get the quality that I got at the beginning. The prints aren't sticking to the plate as easily and the filament is melting unevenly even with everything being the same over time. I've tried all of the fixes I've seen online for how to remedy this issue but none of them have helped the print quality at all. Any ideas on how to fix this problem?

16406559082371359298997456161135.jpg

16406559673278379136644095969539.jpg

Looks like shitty filament to me. Get a fresh (dry) spool on there. Barring that, change your nozzle. Also make sure your extruder gear isn't clogged up with gunk and causing intermittent feed issues. 

4 hours ago, ColinLTT said:

Looks like shitty filament to me. Get a fresh (dry) spool on there. Barring that, change your nozzle. Also make sure your extruder gear isn't clogged up with gunk and causing intermittent feed issues. 

You wouldn't happen to have some advice on removing it would you, I'm really scared I'm gonna break it. I've tried a different spool but had the same result (reprapper PLA+). Thanks for the help @ColinLTT

1 hour ago, ColinLTT said:

Get yourself a food dehydrator or a filament dryer. Ovens can work too but  more often than not you'll just melt your spool together. 

Would a hair dryer on max work too? (1875W)

On 12/30/2021 at 12:27 AM, BiotechBen said:

Would a hair dryer on max work too? (1875W)

If you're really that strapped for cash:

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2021 at 4:27 PM, ColinLTT said:

Get yourself a food dehydrator or a filament dryer. Ovens can work too but  more often than not you'll just melt your spool together. 

Also, using an oven is not a good idea for drying filaments that may decompose into dangerous chemicals, especially at higher temperatures, thus making your oven no longer food safe. Best to stay away from using an oven given that you may not know what additives they put in a particular filament.

On 1/16/2022 at 5:29 AM, rileyakirk said:

Also, using an oven is not a good idea for drying filaments that may decompose into dangerous chemicals, especially at higher temperatures, thus making your oven no longer food safe. Best to stay away from using an oven given that you may not know what additives they put in a particular filament.

It depends. If it’s PLA you’re fairly safe. ABS I wouldn’t print with in a hobby printer, I don’t like using it outside of industrial grade printers and even then ASA is much better. Saying that PLA isn’t great with heat. Nothing wrong with slapping it in a vacuum bag with same silica gel in it for a while though. 

On 12/28/2021 at 1:48 AM, BiotechBen said:

I have an Anycubic Mega Pro (95% sure) that's a little over a year old and I've been having the problem of my prints not coming out smoothly. I've been using the same type of filament and settings every time but over the months the prints have been struggling to get the quality that I got at the beginning. The prints aren't sticking to the plate as easily and the filament is melting unevenly even with everything being the same over time. I've tried all of the fixes I've seen online for how to remedy this issue but none of them have helped the print quality at all. Any ideas on how to fix this problem?

16406559082371359298997456161135.jpg

16406559673278379136644095969539.jpg

What material are you using and have you changed the nozzle at all?