Need serious help with my system

Taloczarus

Okay, so I'm in a serious situation. While being on leave I installed a new motherboard, an x570 aorus xtreme. All my hardware is relatively new or reliable and works fine. Though I keep getting blue screen loops. I was able to use the restore point once, though after that it started to blue screen again and i was no longer able to access my system restore points. The partitions end up changing everytime it reboots, which doesn't make sense. I did end up updating the bios, though I'm not certain if that made things better or worse. I literally get a variety of differnt stop codes everytime. My system won't allow me to do a full reset. Everytime I try installing with a USB iso file it stops the installation and gives me an error code, with every drive. Cant even repair anything with the command prompt such as sfc or dism, it just doesn't work. My data is still there and my drives are somewhat accessible. Though I literally have no way of even accessing my OS beyond the boot setup and I don't know what to do anymore. I'm doing what I can to format a USB and redoing the boot media method. I was literally just using it yesterday no problem.

If you were on legacy or UEFI boot before, make sure you're on that with the new board.

System specs would help though.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

13 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

If you were on legacy or UEFI boot before, make sure you're on that with the new board.

System specs would help though.

windows 10

32 gbs of ram

Cpu 5800x

Gpu 3070ti

Samsung 980 pro 1 terabyte (main drive) 

WD black sn850 1 terabyte ( empty drive)

Samsung 860 qvo ( the drive I'm attempting to put the os on, to simply access my main drive without deleting data.)

850 watts psu

Regardless of UEFI I'm still getting errors when attempting to install. I've formated the drive as NTFS, though as soon as I insert the usb it's reverted back to its orginal format. Not sure if it's the usb I'm using, or something to do with the bios

1 minute ago, Taloczarus said:

If these are installed in the motherboard, remove them then try to install on the 860 QVO with it as the only installed drive. 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

3 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

If these are installed in the motherboard, remove them then try to install on the 860 QVO with it as the only installed drive. 

I've already removed the drives from the board. It's just the 860.

2 hours ago, Taloczarus said:

windows 10

32 gbs of ram

Cpu 5800x

Gpu 3070ti

Samsung 860 qvo ( the drive I'm attempting to put the os on, to simply access my main drive without deleting data.)

850 watts psu

Regardless of UEFI I'm still getting errors when attempting to install. I've formated the drive as NTFS, though as soon as I insert the usb it's reverted back to its orginal format. Not sure if it's the usb I'm using, or something to do with the bios

So I have obtained an external 1 terabyte drive that I will attempt to use as a boot media. By default it's an NTFS, I'm confident it should be optimal enough to install the data to my drive.

Do you happen to have DOCP enabled? I'm not sure if this could help, however, you should try disabling it, run your RAM at low speeds, as well as try with just one stick, swap the RAM slot everytime a crash happens until you've tried all 2 (4?) slots, then try with another stick as well, rinse and repeat, see if that helps.

I've eaten actual RAM before. Fear me. 🦴

14 hours ago, FluffzOokami said:

Do you happen to have DOCP enabled? I'm not sure if this could help, however, you should try disabling it, run your RAM at low speeds, as well as try with just one stick, swap the RAM slot everytime a crash happens until you've tried all 2 (4?) slots, then try with another stick as well, rinse and repeat, see if that helps.

Well I tried that and it seemed to allow me to finally download windows from a boot media. I'm running a mem test right with all cards now. My ram is rated at 3600MHz. When it was running at 3200MHz is when it appeared to be an issue. I tried booting at 3600mhz with xmp and it didn't cause a blue screen. I don't know if it's the ram slots from the motherboard or the ram cards themselves. Each card allows me to boot to the os from one slot, though when I installed all the ram cards it gave me another blue screen when they where running at 3200MHz. I've ran 3200mhz with a 5800x before, so I'm not exactly certain.

On 12/26/2021 at 1:36 PM, Taloczarus said:

Well I tried that and it seemed to allow me to finally download windows from a boot media. I'm running a mem test right with all cards now. My ram is rated at 3600MHz. When it was running at 3200MHz is when it appeared to be an issue. I tried booting at 3600mhz with xmp and it didn't cause a blue screen. I don't know if it's the ram slots from the motherboard or the ram cards themselves. Each card allows me to boot to the os from one slot, though when I installed all the ram cards it gave me another blue screen when they where running at 3200MHz. I've ran 3200mhz with a 5800x before, so I'm not exactly certain.

So got it, it crashes when all 4 slots are populated and running at DOCP.

I heard somewhere that XMP with all 4 slots populated can often get unstable.

It's not unheard of motherboards also playing a factor in RAM stability.  Guess you got unlucky. Try RMA'ing it.

1 hour ago, FluffzOokami said:

It's not unheard of motherboards also playing a factor in RAM stability.  Guess you got unlucky. Try RMA'ing it.

i agree with the RMA thats a odd issue 

1 hour ago, FluffzOokami said:

Well its still under Amazon's 30 day return.  I'm going to test each card in each slot to be sure before I switch back to my other motherboard for now. 

2 minutes ago, Taloczarus said:

Well its still under Amazon's 30 day return.  I'm going to test each card in each slot to be sure before I switch back to my other motherboard for now. 

Though I believe there's a misunderstanding. My ram is rated at 3600mhz. The only way I can utilize it is if XMP is enabled. My computer won't blue screen when  XMP is enabled, though when it's running at 3200MHz, below the 3600mhz it's rated at is when it's an issue.

7 minutes ago, Taloczarus said:

Though I believe there's a misunderstanding. My ram is rated at 3600mhz. The only way I can utilize it is if XMP is enabled. My computer won't blue screen when  XMP is enabled, though when it's running at 3200MHz, below the 3600mhz it's rated at is when it's an issue.

Did you buy the RAM sticks together? Like, did they came in a single pack?

Because, sometimes, even if you buy two packs of the same model of RAM, chances are the memory dies in them are completely different. I'm not sure if that could cause problems, but yeah. 

But what weirds me out is the fact that the motherboard plays a factor in stability at lower speeds rather than higher. Maybe some sort of RAM timings issue with it? Since timings are usually faster at lower speeds. Otherwise, I don't see why it could be acting the way it is.

2 minutes ago, FluffzOokami said:

Did you buy the RAM sticks together? Like, did they came in a single pack?

Because, sometimes, even if you buy two packs of the same model of RAM, chances are the memory dies in them are completely different. I'm not sure if that could cause problems, but yeah. 

But what weirds me out is the fact that the motherboard plays a factor in stability at lower speeds rather than higher. Maybe some sort of RAM timings issue with it? Since timings are usually faster at lower speeds. Otherwise, I don't see why it could be acting the way it is.

I mean the memory test at 3600MHz with xmp came out with no errors. I've always had the ram running at 3600MHz as soon as I got them, they all came in one pack. They are brand new corsair vengeance RT models. The motherboard also doesn't appear to have any scuff marks or visual damage. I'm hoping its a software issue it's been a pain switching these motherboards out over and over. Though these issues occurred as soon as I installed everything with the motherboard. Maybe since the cards are so new that it's possibly a compatibility issue?

1 minute ago, Taloczarus said:

I mean the memory test at 3600MHz with xmp came out with no errors. I've always had the ram running at 3600MHz as soon as I got them, they all came in one pack. They are brand new corsair vengeance RT models. The motherboard also doesn't appear to have any scuff marks or visual damage. I'm hoping its a software issue it's been a pain switching these motherboards out over and over. Though these issues occurred as soon as I installed everything with the motherboard. Maybe since the cards are so new that it's possibly a compatibility issue?

Possibly compat issue, or the mobo is bad. A motherboard might not have visible damage marks. However, sometimes, motherboards barely make it past the QC and therefore could cause potential problems to those unlucky owners who happen to have a bad luck.

So I tested each card, and I've found that one of the cards wasn't allowing the motherboard to post, or when it did post, it would blue screen within each port. I'll be RMAing it. I'm just glad it wasn't the motherboard lol. Running a memtest on the other cards for now just to be sure. I geuss I'll just have 3 8gb cards in my motherboard for now. Is it possible for me to just simply buy another individual card of the same model? Or would that be an issue?