Ticking noise from GPU fan

Tjenare Mannen

Hello!

I have a Powercolor amd rx 580 8gb red dragon which is making a ticking noice. I am sure it is the fan and not coil whining because when the fan stops or speed up the sound disappears. I have checked multiple times if anything is touching the fan and am 100% sure nothing is touching the fan. The weird part is that its only one fan making the noice and only in idle, I can spin up the fan with my finger and hear the sound. Any idea?

First post

11 minutes ago, Tjenare Mannen said:

Hello!

I have a Powercolor amd rx 580 8gb red dragon which is making a ticking noice. I am sure it is the fan and not coil whining because when the fan stops or speed up the sound disappears. I have checked multiple times if anything is touching the fan and am 100% sure nothing is touching the fan. The weird part is that its only one fan making the noice and only in idle, I can spin up the fan with my finger and hear the sound. Any idea?

First post

Sadly it might be that his fan is dying.  The good news is that it's replaceable so u can get a new one . Frist check if producing company might sell a replacement for you . If not . EBay is the way to go . Also u might find a replacement in local computer store which does repairs on graphics cards

4 hours ago, chaotic kronos said:

Sadly it might be that his fan is dying.  The good news is that it's replaceable so u can get a new one . Frist check if producing company might sell a replacement for you . If not . EBay is the way to go . Also u might find a replacement in local computer store which does repairs on graphics cards

And if all else fails, secure a case fan on the shroud by whatever means necessary.

On 12/23/2021 at 6:33 AM, Demonic Donut said:

And if all else fails, secure a case fan on the shroud by whatever means necessary.

Yeah

sounds like bearings going out... either find the correct replacement fan or noctua the thing up. = )

tw043jps37y21.jpg.142201bb2c4dcdece5299fa0ddd8bb40.jpgx38qtmewiov71.jpg.1f8b5e494e8a5220621496327b2ce7e6.jpg20211225_185959.jpg.0b7555dbed89afd8af67163bec0e9808.jpg

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity