MSI Z97 Motherboard Gaming Lineup Leaked – Z97 Gaming 9 AC, Mini-ITX Z97I Gaming And More!

KakaoDj

WCCF article  -  Lots of pictures inside

I really like the design overhaul, fewer dragons, more black, and no more red   :D (i am using my TN laptop with ungodly amounts of color saturation, i really can't tell if it is red or orange  :wacko:)  I also like the badge-looking thing they've got going on.

I would prefer if they had used white for the details instead of orange though, but who knows, maybe next revision?  ;) JUST IMAGINE THIS THING IN BLACK/WHITE!!

I am loving the black PCBs though, huge props to MSI for that  :wub:

[spoiler=MSI Z97 Gaming 9 AC – The Mighty Two Headed Firebreathing Dragon]

The flagship and most featured packed entry in the Gaming lineup is the MSI Z97 Gaming 9 AC motherboard. This flagship product comes with a neat new design and a cool set of features for gamers and enthusiasts for instance, the LGA 1150 socket supports the Intel Haswell, Haswell Refresh, Haswell Refresh K-Series (Devil’s Canyon), and the Broadwell K-Series which arrives in 2015. So to sum it all up, this and all the other Z97 motherboards have a longer support time.

The LGA 1150 socket is powered by a 12 Phase power design and provided juice through a single 8-Pin PCI-E powe connector in addition to the 24-Pin ATX connector. The military class IV components are seated beneath an new and improved heatsink design which involves heat transfer through heatpipe. Four DDR3 DIMMs offer support for memory upto 64 GB with speeds of upto 2666 MHz (O.C+). The motherboard features the V-Check Points 2 which will let users use 2 ground connectors so that you now can use up to 3 multi-meters at the same time. The Power On/Off, Reset and OC Engine switches can be found next to the DIMM slots. For Expansion, we are looking at 3 x PCI-e 3.0 x16 and 3 PCI-e 3.0 x1 slots. There’s a M.2 PCIe slot which will be able to support mSATA SSDs with a good length for easier installation. The Z97 chipset itself is fused underneath a large Dragoon style Gaming G-Series heatsink. MSI has been using the brand since some time now on their Gaming products which include note books, motherboards and graphics cards. For storage, we have 8 SATA 6 GB/s ports, a USB 3.0 header and a LED for diagnostics.

The MSI Z97 Gaming 9 AC also features the latest Audio Boost 2 with Xtreme Audio DAC (Digital to Audio Converter) chipset which improves sound quality radically when listening through speakers and headphones. The board also comes with the Killer E2200 LAN chipset and 802.11AC which improves wireless connectivity and inter-net speeds. Prices are unknown at the moment but we expect a $249-$299 range for this flagship part.

MSI-Z97-Gaming-9-AC-Motherboard.jpgZ97-Gaming-9-AC-Top.jpg

[spoiler=

MSI Z97 Gaming 7, The "Almost As Mighty As The Two Headed Firebreathing Dragon" ]

Rest of the lineup include the MSI Z97 Gaming 7 which is also a high-end board packing some interesting features such as the obvious LGA1150 socket with 12 Phase supply powered with an 8-Pin connector. Four DIMM slots and V-Check Points 2. The OC Engine switches have been moved to the bottom of the board while expansion slots com with three PCI-e 3.0 x16 slots, four PCI-e 3.0 x1 slots and a M.2 SSD port. Storage includes 8 SATA 6 GB/s ports and a USB 3.0 header is located right next to it. The board features the Audio Boost 2 technology for improved audio via the output device. A couple of USB 3.0 and 2.0 ports are located at the I/O.

Z97-Gaming-7-Top.jpg

[spoiler=

MSI Z97 Gaming 5, The teenage dragon that could still kick your ass]

The MSI Z97 Gaming 5 comes with a 8 Phase supply powered with the 8-Pin power connector. Expansion slots include three PCI-e 3.0 x16, four PCI-e 3.0 x1 and a M.2 SSD interface. Four DIMM slots are located next to the 24-Pin ATX connector while storage packs 6 SATA 6 GB/s ports and a USB 3.0 header next to them. Audio Boost 2.0 is include but MSI has removed OC Engine, V-Check Points 2 and included a cheaper heatsink design without heatpipe to cut down the cost.

MSI-Z97-Gaming-5-Motherboard.jpg

[spoiler=

MSI Z97 Gaming 3, the second best looking one :o ]

The Z97 Gaming 3 and H97 Gaming 3 feature the same design and specifications, the only difference is that one comes with the Z97 chipset with the other features the H97 chipset. The main features include a 6 Phase power supply with a nice heatsink design followed by four DDR3 DIMM slots. Storage includes four SATA 6 GB/s ports while expansion includes two PCI-e 3.0 x16, two PCI-e 3.0 x1, three PCI and a M.2 SSD interface. Audio Boost 2 and MSI’s Military Class IV components are featured on both boards.

MSI-Z97-Gaming-3-Motherboard.jpgZ97-Gaming-3-Top.jpg

[spoiler=

MSI H97 Gaming 3, The H is for Heart :wub: ]MSI-H97-Gaming-3-Motherboard.jpgH97-Gaming-3.jpg

[spoiler=

MSI Z97I Gaming – The Small, But Ferocious Little Dragon]

The most interesting board of the Gaming Z97 motherboard lineup from MSI has to be the Z97I Gaming board. Featuring the same LGA 1150 socket, the motherboard comes in the Mini-ITX form factor which enables small form factor PCs and interesting concept design by modders and enthusiasts.

From a design perspective, the Z97I Gaming is a step froward by MSI equipped with a 6 Phase supply that is powered through an 8-Pin connector which will allow some decent overclocking on the new motherboards. Expansion slots include a single PCI-e 3.0 x16 and two DDR3 DIMM slots supporting a max of 32 GB memory with frequencies of 2666 MHz (O.C+). The motherboard has a 8-Layer PCB design and packs four SATA 6 GB/s ports for storage. A USB 3.0 header is also located right beneath the 24-Pin ATX connector. The VRM and PCH are hidden and cooled by the Dragoon themed heatsink design which involves heatpipe thermal transfer and goes well with the board’s layout.

I/O connectors on the MSI Z97I Gaming include an 8.1 Channel Audio Jack powered with the MSI Audio Boost 2.0 technology, six USB 3.0 ports, two USB 2.0 ports, 2 e-SATA ports, Dual HDMI, Display port, SPDIF, Killer E2200 LAN and an 802.11 AC B/G/N wireless antenna connector port for ultra fast WiFi.

Z97I-Gaming-Mini-ITX.jpgZ97I-Gaming-ITX-TOP.jpgMSI-Z97I-ITX-IO.jpg

Oh goodness that's sexy !

My thoughts exactly! Looks so sick  :o

looks really good, finally they got black pcb's

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

Gorgeous board, wish they would just get rid of the damn red though. I'm so tired of red/black.

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

why no micro atx?

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

Get rid of the dragon and you a beastly looking mobo

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

That sexy looking board does not deserve to get so less features. I hope MSI will put all their power now and do a 300 USd board but wiht worlds all features:D

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

I liked the dragons more.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Interesting that the socket cover says, "LGA 115x"

Could this mean Z97 might be backwards compatible with haswell/ivy/sandy?

Intel core i5-3570k @ 3.4 GHz - Sapphire Radeon HD7870 Ghz OC Ed 1050/1250 - Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB SSD - G.Skill 8 GB's DDR3-1600 MHz 

Asus Z77-A mobo - Windows 7 64 bit - Corsair raptor HS30 headset - Corsair CX600 600w PSU - CM hyper 212 EVO CPU cooler

It can run crysis.

God, those sexy black PCBs are soooo... sexy.

I wish the MSI Gaming logo could be removed.

Interesting that the socket cover says, "LGA 115x"

Could this mean Z97 might be backwards compatible with haswell/ivy/sandy?

LGA1150 socket on Z97 motherboards supports Haswell, Haswell Refresh, Haswell Refresh K-Series (Devil's Canyon) and Broadwell processors.

I'm tired of the same black/red themes over and over again, but I admit even for an over-used theme it looks nice. Especially the black pcb...

Their flagship doesn't support quad-sli.. interesting?

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

omfg that looks so sexy

s;dlkjfgha;lksfh

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Seeing these makes me even more excited for the Z97 SaberTooth ;D

Wow they look great 

So I spelt something wrong in my post... I don't care I don't read through what I write and I type very quickly.

Intel 3770k stock, MSI Z77A-GD65, MSI GTX 760, Corsair Vengence DDR3 1600Mhz 16Gb, Corsair RM 550W, Samsung 830 256Gb, some random hdds.

I don't find them goodlooking  :wacko:

am i the only one?