Mouse Bluetooth vs 2.4GHz

BotDamian
Go to solution Solved by BotDamian,

That moment when you need to reply to yourself:

High-end gaming mice like the Razer Viper Ultimate come with a dedicated radio frequency (RF) receiver. It's easy to assume that Bluetooth would be a better option to save on using a dedicated receiver that requires a spare USB slot on your PC, but a 2.4GHz RF connection has advantages that make sense with a mouse. We received some wise words from Razer on why the company opts for its wireless tech over Bluetooth.

For starters, Bluetooth has limitations for the number of times data can be sent from the mouse to the receiving PC with a polling rate of up to 133Hz. That doesn't sound bad per se, but compared to the 2.4GHz RF wireless connection with the Razer Viper Ultimate at 1000Hz, it's a stark difference. This allows the mouse to be vastly more accurate in-game when you need to make sudden swift movements.

Source: Why wireless gaming mice still use RF receivers instead of Bluetooth | Windows Central

Hello,

I have now multiple gaming mice and the one that I'm enjoying the most has two modes, BT or 2.4G.

2.4G is used with the provided USB receiver that must be plugged into a PC to work.

BT (Bluetooth) doesn't need to have a dongle but just a Mainboard / Laptop that has a BT module.

My gaming PC with a B550I Aorus Pro AX mainboard has Bluetooth, now my question would be, which way is better?

My thinking is that the BT should be faster because the BT antenna is plugged into a module that is 'lower level' than a USB port.

Because USBs need to handle various things, my BT module is on a PCIE X1 slot and some others are on M.2 slots.
Image Link Source - Bilibili.com

Does this mean that BT has a lower input delay over the USB receiver? I also have a WLAN router that also has 2.4Ghz and wouldn't that interfere with the mouse?

Intel NUC 13 | i3 1315U2x 8GB 3600/CL16

AMD 7950x3d | Sapphire 7800XT Nitro | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance 5600Mhz CL36 1R | MSI B650-P Pro Wifi | Custom Loop

AUNE X8 Magic DAC + SS3602

AUNE X7s PRO Class-A | Sennheiser HD58X

Schiit Rekkr ELAC BS243.3

That moment when you need to reply to yourself:

High-end gaming mice like the Razer Viper Ultimate come with a dedicated radio frequency (RF) receiver. It's easy to assume that Bluetooth would be a better option to save on using a dedicated receiver that requires a spare USB slot on your PC, but a 2.4GHz RF connection has advantages that make sense with a mouse. We received some wise words from Razer on why the company opts for its wireless tech over Bluetooth.

For starters, Bluetooth has limitations for the number of times data can be sent from the mouse to the receiving PC with a polling rate of up to 133Hz. That doesn't sound bad per se, but compared to the 2.4GHz RF wireless connection with the Razer Viper Ultimate at 1000Hz, it's a stark difference. This allows the mouse to be vastly more accurate in-game when you need to make sudden swift movements.

Source: Why wireless gaming mice still use RF receivers instead of Bluetooth | Windows Central

Intel NUC 13 | i3 1315U2x 8GB 3600/CL16

AMD 7950x3d | Sapphire 7800XT Nitro | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance 5600Mhz CL36 1R | MSI B650-P Pro Wifi | Custom Loop

AUNE X8 Magic DAC + SS3602

AUNE X7s PRO Class-A | Sennheiser HD58X

Schiit Rekkr ELAC BS243.3

2.4ghz will give lower latency at the cost of energy. 

Bluetooth will make the battery last longer at the cost of latency.

For gaming you'll want 2.4.

No, your router does not cause issues with it. You probably have more 2.4ghz devices than you think, for example a microwave. Even with those devices the WiFi works fine. In my case I have a router on my desk, right next to my keyboard and mouse both using 2.4 and everything is working great.

15 minutes ago, Pixelfie said:

No, your router does not cause issues with it. You probably have more 2.4ghz devices than you think, for example a microwave. Even with those devices the WiFi works fine. In my case I have a router on my desk, right next to my keyboard and mouse both using 2.4 and everything is working great.

Any device working on 2.4 Ghz will cause issues with the router. Microwaves have been know to be bad at this, however they only effect WiFI when the Microwave is on and generally if the router is far enough away you are going to be OK. Same with Bluetooth, it can cause interference, I have had issues with my Bluetooth headphones before with interference. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.