The intel macs are better then apple silicon

skylinetofast

We all know apple silicon cpus are good for performance. Apple silicon is the future cpu but it will never offer the grate features like the intel cpus did. apple silicon has work arounds for each intel feature but it will never be as good. I will list a few of the best intel mac features. If anyone can enlighten me on how to silicon is still better then  I am all ears. 

intel macs being able to run old operating systems natively

intel macs running 32 bit apps via old operating systems

intel macs running windows natively via boot camp

intel macs support of external gpus 

intel macs able to support x86 operating systems  via bootcamp or vm

intel macs able to run os from external device

Now these are the things that make an impact on my mac experience and if switching to m1 means I have to give up these features then apple silicon might be a step in the wrong direction for lots of intel mac users.  

19 minutes ago, skylinetofast said:

intel macs being able to run old operating systems natively

There's an ongoing linux port for AS, only the GPU driver is missing atm.

20 minutes ago, skylinetofast said:

intel macs running windows natively via boot camp

MS didn't release their ARM version of windows, so that's the issue, not apple's.

21 minutes ago, skylinetofast said:

intel macs support of external gpus 

That's more of a driver issue. There aren't even new drivers for Nvidia on macos, be it x86 or arm, and the amd drivers are only available for x86. You could use an egpu through linux without issues.

22 minutes ago, skylinetofast said:

intel macs able to support x86 operating systems  via bootcamp or vm

You can do that on m1 too, in the same way you can run an arm OS on an x86 machine through a VM: https://nomadic-dmitry.medium.com/apple-silicon-m1-how-to-run-x86-and-arm-virtual-machines-on-it-cdd9d9054483

23 minutes ago, skylinetofast said:

intel macs able to run os from external device

YOu can do that on the m1 too.

FX6300 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 | Hyper 212x | 3x 8GB + 1x 4GB @ 1600MHz | Gigabyte 2060 Super | Corsair CX650M | LG 43UK6520PSA
ASUS X550LN | i5 4210u | 12GB
Lenovo N23 Yoga

14 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

If you think Intel Macs are better than Apple silicon Macs then you are crazy. Sure you lose some features but you also get crazy good performance everywhere else and way better energy efficiency. 

A lot of 32bit programs were good. So how do m1 macs run a 32bit mac os program. full windows divers are not available for vm. 

- thread locked -

Content that are just statements should be posted as a status update.

Also, please post in the appropriate section, there's one for Macs and it's not the General Section (thread dumping is considered spamming).

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !