So It Has Come To This

Well it turns out we rely on the heat that comes from systems but I can't afford to run them... so I have turned to the dark side of mining....

Anyway, i'm having issues forcing p0... I have Nice hash miner set to force zero and even got Nvidia profile inspector.... still it goes back to p2... 

Any advice? 

image.png.f9490e1f80763c88809f7f41a3694ebe.png

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

I wouldn't worry about that, the only thing it changes according to what I just read are memory clocks. Has no effect on power usage or core clocks. Just tune the card with afterburner to decrease PWR limit, -250 core clock, +800 or more memory clock. that is all. Do you have LHR GPU? if so NBminer is better than nicehash to use

1 hour ago, jwwagner25 said:

I wouldn't worry about that, the only thing it changes according to what I just read are memory clocks. Has no effect on power usage or core clocks. Just tune the card with afterburner to decrease PWR limit, -250 core clock, +800 or more memory clock. that is all. Do you have LHR GPU? if so NBminer is better than nicehash to use

So first thing, Im already running NB miner through NH most of the time, and I need to lock the p state so I can use ethlargement as this GPU is a 1080...

Yes I know it's not really profitable, but it's pretty much free heating 

Without locking th ep-state I can't run ethlargement and without that I am only getting about 20 MH/s... Where a 1080 should be doing closer to 30-35MH/s 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

that only on 1000 series corre ct?

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

46 minutes ago, dogwitch said:

that only on 1000 series corre ct?

yes

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

I see, I am mostly a noob at mining still and don't know anything about 1xxx series cards. So assuming you are still facing the problem?

edit: also guessing you already found and followed these steps??

• first of all! Stop any miners
  • choose mem +0, core +0 overclocking in MSI Afterburner
  • in your RainbowMiner directory, goto "Includes\NvidiaProfileInspector"
  • start program "NvidiaProfileInspector.exe"
  • when you are running that, go down to section 5: there is a setting "CUDA - Force P2 State". Set this to "Off" and click "Apply Settings" button on the top right.
  • now your cards should be able to work and stay in P0 state
  • important: the reference levels for overclocking are now shifted. You will have to redo all your overclocking profiles, so that you do not run the cards out of their limits.

A last note: everytime you update the Nvidia drivers, the "Force P2 State" will be reset to "On", again. Do not forget to use NvidiaProfileInspector.exe to set it to "Off" again.

RBM

source: https://github.com/RainbowMiner/RainbowMiner/issues/36

23 hours ago, GOTSpectrum said:

So first thing, Im already running NB miner through NH most of the time, and I need to lock the p state so I can use ethlargement as this GPU is a 1080...

Yes I know it's not really profitable, but it's pretty much free heating 

Without locking th ep-state I can't run ethlargement and without that I am only getting about 20 MH/s... Where a 1080 should be doing closer to 30-35MH/s 

Using the right version of NvidiaProfileInspector for your card standalone, on a fresh restart without Afterburner or any of the other things messing with it (check to see that any custom voltage curves are off too!) should be enough to lock P-state. I had some of these issues when I was trying to lock it on my old laptop 940M, but eventually it came around. Also, ETH mining directly with Ethereum may not be profitable itself due to the high gas fees, NiceHash is a good enough compromise, if you really want cheap transaction fees(or to stop losing money to either NiceHash or gas fees, although Monero's coin value drops relative to ETH fairly frequently) try mining Monero with MoneroOcean's pool address entered in your ETH miner and your Monero wallet address as username. Stay warm!

Desktop 1 : Ryzen 5 3600 (O/C to 4Ghz all-core) | Gigabyte B450M-DS3H | 24GB DDR4-2400 Crucial(O/C to 2667) | GALAX RTX 2060 6GB | CoolerMaster MWE 650 Gold

Desktop 2 : i5 10400 | 32GB DDR4-3200(@ 2667Mhz) |  EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8 GB | Corsair CV450M

Laptop : ASUS ROG Strix G17 : i7-10750H, 16GB RAM, GTX 1660Ti 6GB(90W), 1TB NVMe SSD

Yoga 3 14 - i7-5500U, 8GB RAM, GeForce GT 940M, 256GB SSD

So I have tried everything you guys have recommended. I may just not bother, as at the end of the day I'm just trying to break even which I am doing, in fact making a small profit...

Who knows maybe BTC will go up and it will end up being a bigger profit with what I'm holding onto 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240