Logitech Gaming Software (LGS): How to Use

peaking duck
Go to solution Solved by Chris_LogitechG,

i was hoping to use the Onboard Memory Mode and toggle between two profiles;

• Desktop Profile: 1000DPI with Acceleration
  • Gaming Profile: 800DPI without acceleration

Unfortunately, the Onboard Memory Mode doesn't allow to specify or set Accelerating Settings so i have resorted to using the other mode; Auto Game detection

so, am i using LGS wrongly somehow?

You are not using LGS incorrectly, but LGS does not do what you want it to. Acceleration (aka Enhanced Pointer Precision) is an OS-level mouse setting that we expose in LGS in order to make it easier for gamers to disable acceleration. In onboard mode, there is no access to this setting as it is an OS setting, not a mouse setting. It is not possible to change this setting by switching onboard profiles - even with LGS still installed.

Hi Guys

Picked up a G700s a few days ago and having trouble with the Gaming Software

i understand there are two 'Modes' for the software;

• Onboard Memory Mode
  • Auto Game Detection

Unfortunately, the Onboard Memory Mode doesn't allow to specify or set Accelerating Settings so i have resorted to using the other mode; Auto Game detection

LGS downloaded the predefined profiles for my installed games. whats the correct procedure from here?

do i use LGS to drag and drop the predefined commands to the Buttons i want to bind them to? when i do this, i find that i have to bind the commands and buttons in-game as well. so whats the point?

the biggest issue is when using the Game Detection Mode, my key bindings sometimes just doesn't seem to work mid-game, particularly during those special missions in Black Ops 2

post-64293-0-57883700-1397447438.jpg

post-64293-0-14345400-1397447447.jpg

I personally like the onboard memory mode better as when you restart your PC, the settings stay the same as you mad them, but with Auto game mode, some times the mouse goes into default settings after a reboot and you have to reconstructe your settings again.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

You're doing something wrong, I've got 3 dpi settings that I use, thant toggle between.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're doing something wrong, I've got 3 dpi settings that I use, thant toggle between.

up to 5 dpi settings can be stored an toggled between per profile

I'm aware but I only use 3

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

btw, you're supposed to use one button for profile switching, and the other two to toggle up and down on your dpi preferences, thats what you might be doing wrong.

try only one profile with multiple dpi setting an swapping up and down

using Onboard memory mode, yes, you can toggle between profiles, but not with Automatic Game Detection Mode whereby it changes to the correct profile when a game is launched

You are not using LGS incorrectly, but LGS does not do what you want it to. Acceleration (aka Enhanced Pointer Precision) is an OS-level mouse setting that we expose in LGS in order to make it easier for gamers to disable acceleration. In onboard mode, there is no access to this setting as it is an OS setting, not a mouse setting. It is not possible to change this setting by switching onboard profiles - even with LGS still installed.

Gaming mouse and racing wheel product manager for

Logitech G. Follow us on Facebook or Twitter.

thank you for this clarification

im used to setspoint which allowed granular settings for acceleration. hmmm