Is this a good deal?

Is this GPU a good deal? I found it on eBay. It is an RX 5500XT, it is an HP OEM 5500XT. It is priced at $350, and is the cheapest 5500XT I found. I know it’s double the MSRP, but I mean a 5500XT brand-new is $700-1000 right now, so is it really the worst deal in this market? eBay link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/115133766475?hash=item1ace81db4b%3Ag%3Ag-AAAOSwWMVhb9MK&LH_BIN=1

I was looking at a GTX 1080 FE, but it was $500 and I heard the 5500XT is more powerful. So in conclusion, should I get it?

052C7693-6F24-413C-870A-F48DE2158082.jpeg

Edited by ebprince the computer nerd
added a photo of the eBay listing

how are you doing today

The 1080 will be much more powerful. Considering the current state of the market if you can hold off on getting a GPU do that, but if you want/need a GPU and are willing to pay I'm not gonna try and stop you. What games are you playing, and at what resolution? If you can get by with the 5500xt and want to save a bit go for that, but the 1080 will def be more powerful, so I'd look up benchmarks of the games you play and decide from those.

I used to have a 1080 before upgrading and it was still a plenty powerful card for the vast majority of what I was playing, even at 1440p, so I doubt you'll run into any major performance issues with one, but I have no experience with the 5500x so I can't comment personally about that card.

rhythm games are best fight me

4 minutes ago, Featherblade said:

The 1080 will be much more powerful. Considering the current state of the market if you can hold off on getting a GPU do that, but if you want/need a GPU and are willing to pay I'm not gonna try and stop you. What games are you playing, and at what resolution? If you can get by with the 5500xt and want to save a bit go for that, but the 1080 will def be more powerful, so I'd look up benchmarks of the games you play and decide from those.

I used to have a 1080 before upgrading and it was still a plenty powerful card for the vast majority of what I was playing, even at 1440p, so I doubt you'll run into any major performance issues with one, but I have no experience with the 5500x so I can't comment personally about that card.

i play minecraft and roblox, but i want to play minecraft with light shaders maybe. also i will be playing at 1080p and i might play other games but those are the games i will mostly play also i dont have a lot of money to spend on a PC so i would like a <$400 GPU

how are you doing today

Ah, a 5500xt should be plenty for those games, esp at 1080p. At least for minecraft, depending on the shaders you use I've even gotten them running fine on integrated graphics.

rhythm games are best fight me

The 5500xt is FAR slower than the GTX 1080. As it happens to be though I do have a card that I want to get rid of right now. Its a GTX 980 Ti which is 30% faster than the 5500xt (according to userbenchmark) BUT the GTX 1080 is still faster by 30% again above the 980 Ti.

TLDR get the GTX 1080. Its a better deal all round.