Christmas Gift - Keyboard for 9yo

heli1337

Hi, I'm looking for a new keyboard for my younger brother for christmas.

I'm looking for a membrane keyboard, that will:

• Be comfortable to use (in writing and gaming)
  • Have some software/rgb changable lightning.
  • It would be good if it will have a wrist stand

Right now i have picked some of this:

- HyperX Alloy Core RGB

- Logitech G213 Prodigy

- Reddragon K512 Shiva RGB

- Corsair K55 RGB Pro

Can you help me out choosing one?

Maybe you will reccomend something else?

I'm here to help you out with some basic tasks, I'm still learning some things, so don't belive I can solve everything 😉

I'm collecting all type of hardware - 90% of my collection is a LGA775 stuff rest is some 2010's Era

Hit me up on discord if you want to talk more

heli #1337

26 minutes ago, Helly Benchmarking said:

Hi, I'm looking for a new keyboard for my younger brother for christmas.

I'm looking for a membrane keyboard, that will:

• Be comfortable to use (in writing and gaming)
  • Have some software/rgb changable lightning.
  • It would be good if it will have a wrist stand

Right now i have picked some of this:

- HyperX Alloy Core RGB

- Logitech G213 Prodigy

- Reddragon K512 Shiva RGB

- Corsair K55 RGB Pro

Can you help me out choosing one?

Maybe you will reccomend something else?

I think the Logitech and the Corsair are good ones. Personally when I buy a new keyboard, I buy a Logitech one. They are good quality, and comfortable to use

any reason that a more budget mechanical isnt a option?

a redragon k552 adressable with reds comes to mind, its quieter than most of the membranes and higher quality feeling than the other membranes I got

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

i have used the k55 for like 5 years, on and off. it's a great non mechanical keyboard imo. sturdy, comfortable, zero issues.

logitech as a nice variety and might not suck as often.

corsair and their software is kinda a pain in the **** even though its nice for a lot of features etc.

steelseries is expensive and kinda fine, but logitech is just better in some aspects.

Also when it comes to mechanical keyboards, it can be hard to find the "right tool for the job".

From the layout, size and the switches used, and now with the added RGB and software.

I guess you do want a bit cheaper keyboard with all the "needed features". The current listed logitech one seems just a bit big with that wirst "non-detachable" plate?

Maybe those others would do better or a bit higher end. As it much easier to find a wrist support that helps you instead of being in the way or not so great in use.

I use a sharkoon Skiller SKG1 [it has both mechanical switches, and a wrist rest] for a cheap keyboard its quite good. [currently waiting for when my choice for a ergonomic mechanical keyboard to be back in stock] 

[i have it with blue switches and rubber rings to damp the sound a bit]. as it is super clicky normally, but with rubber dampers it is less clicky, but you still have that clicky feel. [blue and brown switches are both tactile] but the activation force for blue switches is lower than for brown, not forgetting with lots of typing you do not get tired that much.

Though switch type is extremely personal, a person who likes blue switched, might hate red or brown ones.

╔═════════════╦═══════════════════════════════════════════╗
║__________________║ hardware_____________________________________________________ ║
╠═════════════╬═══════════════════════════════════════════╣
║ cpu ______________║ ryzen 9 5900x_________________________________________________ ║
║ GPU______________║ ASUS strix LC RX6800xt______________________________________ _║
║ motherboard_______ ║ asus crosshair formulla VIII______________________________________║
║ memory___________║ CMW32GX4M2Z3600C18 ______________________________________║
║ SSD______________║ Samsung 980 PRO 1TB_________________________________________ ║
║ PSU______________║ Corsair RM850x 850W _______________________ __________________║
║ CPU cooler _______ ║ Be Quiet be quiet! PURE LOOP 360mm ____________________________║
║ Case_____________ ║ Thermaltake Core X71 __________________________________________║
║ HDD_____________ ║ 2TB and 6TB HDD ____________________________________________║
║ Front IO__________   ║ LG blu-ray drive & 3.5" card reader, [trough a 5.25 to 3.5 bay]__________║
║ OS_______________ ║ Windows 10 PRO______________________________________________║
╚═════════════╩═══════════════════════════════════════════╝

I would say a K70 but with the exposed keycaps a child might try to pull them off.

My old corsair k70 lasted me a LONG time even survived multiple spills directly onto the keyboard, well, with keycap replacements every couple years.

System Specs: AMD 5950x PBO-AutoNoctua DH-15 Black | Gigabyte x570 MasterEVGA 3080FTW3 Ultra | (2x16gb) G.Skill Royal 3600mhz CL18 | Corsair 5000D Airflow (Black) Samsung 980 Pro 2TB & Firecuda 520 1TB & Crucial MX500 2tb850W Corsair RMX | 2 Noctua A14 CPU, 6 Noctua A12x25 Intake, 3x Noctua F12 Top Exhaust, 1x Noctua A12x25 Back Exhaust

Monitors: (Main) LG Ultragear 34" 2k Ultrawide 144hz IPS '34GP83A-B' (Side) Acer Predator 27" 2k 144hz TN 'Abmiprz'

Peripherals: Corsair K100 OPX | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | Corsair Virtuoso SE | Audioengine A2+