Corsair 5000d airflow fan mount question

Skstrials

Hi there!

I am currently in the process of building my first computer in a Corsair 5000d airflow case. 

My goal is to fit 15 case fans in total. 

- 3 front intake

- 3 front side in take

- 6 top exhaust with 3 push/3 pull setup with a 360mm aio radiator

- 1 back exhaust

- 2 bottom upwards intake

The question is that since there is no bottom fan mount above the psu divider, I was thinking of using either Suguru moldable glue, or a 3M double sided tape the hold the fans in place. 

There is a bottom intake for the psu, so the bottom two fans would get the air from the bottom intake through the psu. 

What are your thoughts? 

16391868621223297635020632079692.jpg

23 minutes ago, Skstrials said:

My goal is to fit 15 case fans in total

Genuine question: why?

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

11 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

Same question here....I have the 5000D and I don't see any reason to be putting 2 fans thhere other than to say "yeah i have 15 fans"

Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen9 5950X | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) | EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Pro 3600Mhz | EKWB EK-AIO 360D-RGB | EKWB EK-Vardar RGB Fans | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 4TB Samsung 980 Pro | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Corsair HX850 Platinum PSU | Asus ROG 42" OLED PG42UQ + LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro Keyboard | Logitech G Pro X Superlight  | MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 LE Headphones | TC-Helicon GoXLR | Audio-Technica AT2035 | LTT Desk Mat | XBOX-X Controller | Windows 11 Pro

Spoiler

Server: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM850v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO + 4 Additional Venturi 120mm Fans | 14 x 20TB Seagate Exos X22 20TB | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA

More fans doesn't equal more better. You simply want a path of airflow that washes over your components from intake to exhaust. If you start mixing directionality like front and side intake, for example, you'll create eddies that will actually block air from reaching your components. Additionally, placing exhaust too close to intake can end up tossing out the fresh air before it can actually hit your components.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

Bottom fans are redundant and not needed, if you intake from the bottom you will be fighting the exhaust of the power supply, so those fans will be trying to pull air in from the power supply's exhaust vent while the power supply is exhausting from that vent.

I suggest instead of More fans, you invest in expensive noctua fans like the ones I have (Specifically the A12x25's), I have so much airflow that the DH-15 cpu cooler has become my bottleneck.

System Specs: AMD 5950x PBO-AutoNoctua DH-15 Black | Gigabyte x570 MasterEVGA 3080FTW3 Ultra | (2x16gb) G.Skill Royal 3600mhz CL18 | Corsair 5000D Airflow (Black) Samsung 980 Pro 2TB & Firecuda 520 1TB & Crucial MX500 2tb850W Corsair RMX | 2 Noctua A14 CPU, 6 Noctua A12x25 Intake, 3x Noctua F12 Top Exhaust, 1x Noctua A12x25 Back Exhaust

Monitors: (Main) LG Ultragear 34" 2k Ultrawide 144hz IPS '34GP83A-B' (Side) Acer Predator 27" 2k 144hz TN 'Abmiprz'

Peripherals: Corsair K100 OPX | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | Corsair Virtuoso SE | Audioengine A2+

14 hours ago, SorryClaire said:

14 hours ago, Jarsky said:

Same question here....I have the 5000D and I don't see any reason to be putting 2 fans thhere other than to say "yeah i have 15 fans"

I do realize it can be over the top but it is more so that I have two extra fans that I am not using and can't sell either 😛

drop the 2x over the psu. 
get a gpu with an AIO and push pull that rad too...

but i like it

3 hours ago, NorKris said:

drop the 2x over the psu. 
get a gpu with an AIO and push pull that rad too...

but i like it

Getting a 3090 ftw3 was hard cough.. I cannot go through that again 😂

Once I get a ddr5 ram, I will be good to go!

On 12/10/2021 at 7:36 PM, Daethz said:

Bottom fans are redundant and not needed, if you intake from the bottom you will be fighting the exhaust of the power supply, so those fans will be trying to pull air in from the power supply's exhaust vent while the power supply is exhausting from that vent.

I suggest instead of More fans, you invest in expensive noctua fans like the ones I have (Specifically the A12x25's), I have so much airflow that the DH-15 cpu cooler has become my bottleneck.

dosent the psu intake from the bottom?... like just about every case now a days.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

• 3 weeks later...

Figured I’d jump in as I just built in this case and temps are awesome using 10x LL 120’s. 3x front intake, 3x side intake as pull on 360 aio, 3x top exhaust and 1x back exhaust. 5900x and 3080 ti aren’t peaking over 60C with 100% loads over 15min with ambient temp of 70F. 

agreeing with everyone that more isn’t better and just cause you have them doesn’t mean you have to use them. I also have both of those stock black fans now in a box. 

• 1 month later...

So to give an update, this is what I ended up doing. 

I have 15 Corsair ML120 Pro RGB case fans in total. 

3 front intake, 3 front side intake, 6 aio push and pull radiator, 1 back outflow, and 2 upwards fans mounted below the GPU. 

It may be a bit of an overkill but I did it more for the looks. 

20220204_151134.jpg

9 hours ago, Skstrials said:

So to give an update, this is what I ended up doing. 

I have 15 Corsair ML120 Pro RGB case fans in total. 

3 front intake, 3 front side intake, 6 aio push and pull radiator, 1 back outflow, and 2 upwards fans mounted below the GPU. 

It may be a bit of an overkill but I did it more for the looks. 

20220204_151134.jpg

That looks so good! only thing is: could you have taken the power cables up from 

image.png.9148498f2845f9b6a5427cb168864d81.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2022 at 4:58 AM, NorKris said:

That looks so good! only thing is: could you have taken the power cables up from 

image.png.9148498f2845f9b6a5427cb168864d81.png

Thanks! The EVGA 1600 T2 power supply I used is too long for me to do that. Haha

2 hours ago, Skstrials said:

Thanks! The EVGA 1600 T2 power supply I used is too long for me to do that. Haha

1600? wow... for 800-950w  DAMN  theOverkill is real

Hello that is looking nice! Sorry to jump in, quick question. Wanting to get this case but put my 280mm Kraken x62 up top that will feed down the back into the GPU and have the DH-15 Noctua in there too. Do you think there is enough room. It looks like there is?

Recently switched the AIO over to the GPU as it was a blower setup on a 2080 ti and ran as hot as the sun. Halfed the temperatures now so I would like to keep that. Currently all squeezed into a H500 NZXT case. 

Maybe best I make a new thread sorry.

Thanks

• 1 year later...

I have a similar setup, but with side intake through rad...

PXL_20230313_020108481.jpg

35 minutes ago, Adaneshade said:

I have a similar setup, but with side intake through rad...

PXL_20230313_020108481.jpg

welcome to the forum, little strange waking up an old post, but okey

dont know what i like the most, the game or the pc tho xD (unless ur horde ofc) 

• 5 months later...

I am running the same setup with 13 fans so far.  I need to find that bracket to mount two below my GPU.

image0.jpeg