Making Sure This Works

MrJr
2 hours ago, brob said:

200mm fans are reasonably uncommon so not much research has gone into developing better ones. High static pressure 120 mm fans are available for situations where airflow is constricted. In the case of drive cages, I believe stacked 120mm fans cover more of the drive area that needs cooling.

I'd likely stick with fans offered by Phanteks themselves. So would their 120mm fans be good enough? Since it looks like positive pressure is wanted, I'm thinking the stock 140 on the back, 2 120s on the front, a 140 on the top, and an RGB 140 at the bottom (I'm naming my system "KITT 300T" so I wanted a red light at the bottom if I needed fans).

120mmx2 + 140mm= 190CFM intake

140mmx2= 168CFM exhaust

Should that be enough to cool my system properly?

1 hour ago, MrJr said:

I'd likely stick with fans offered by Phanteks themselves. So would their 120mm fans be good enough? Since it looks like positive pressure is wanted, I'm thinking the stock 140 on the back, 2 120s on the front, a 140 on the top, and an RGB 140 at the bottom (I'm naming my system "KITT 300T" so I wanted a red light at the bottom if I needed fans).

120mmx2 + 140mm= 190CFM intake

140mmx2= 168CFM exhaust

Should that be enough to cool my system properly?

I expect that would be fine. Nice thing about fans is that they are usually relatively easy to add or move when necessary.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

49 minutes ago, brob said:

I expect that would be fine. Nice thing about fans is that they are usually relatively easy to add or move when necessary.

Fair enough. Luckily, the extra SATA ports won't be necessary for a while so I don't have to immediately tear my setup apart just to get the same motherboard with one extra PCIE slot. The fans will likely set me back almost $100, but it's a quiet solution that will keep my system running really smoothly.