My friends prebuilt

Daidyn_Burge

My friend is buying a prebuilt and I'm pretty sure that this would bottleneck by a decent amount with the Ryzen 5 and 3070 but I was just trying to get any second opinions.

oudrhtb.png

Every system will have a bottleneck. Assuming your wondering about the processor... The final answer will depend on games, resolution, and refresh rate planned. Regardless, that's a really solid pairing.

I run a 5600x and 3080 Ti and have no processor bottleneck at 3440x1440 @120 Hz.

Reviews seem to show a little performance gain moving higher than a 5600x when your trying to push 300+ FPS in some games, but that's not typically 3070 territory. 

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

Nope, looks like a great combo to me 🙂

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

Definitely not.

The 5600x is a beast of a chip.

I'm running one with all 6 cores at 4.65Ghz on a V5 Vetroo air cooler.

It's lacking cores vs the competition, but makes up for it in speed and efficiency.

PSU Tier List   AMD Motherboard Tier List   SSD Tier List

If your issue is resolved, please share the fix with the community.

5600x is an extremely fast gaming CPU. Real world performance really can't get much better.

1 hour ago, Daidyn_Burge said:

My friend is buying a prebuilt and I'm pretty sure that this would bottleneck by a decent amount with the Ryzen 5 and 3070 but I was just trying to get any second opinions.

oudrhtb.png

Actually looks like a good prebuilt there, though make sure to oc ram to 3200 or more for better performance

Didnt really specify what prebuilt it is so im just gonna assume its literally like any other GaMiNg prebuilt with trash airflow and a bunch of rgb, and even if that looks like a good combo how much does it cost?

And no a 5600x wont bottleneck a 3070 unless its running at baseclock or something

Looks fine, from the specs, to me. Would be nice if you had a picture of the system though. I would imagine the cpu cooler may need to be swapped with something better, because usually prebuilts come with meh cpu coolers.

You also may want to add more storage, especially if there's a lot of AAA gaming going on. A 2TB 7200RPM HDD or 1-2TB 2.5" SSD will fix that.

Am I still to create the perfect system?! ~ Clu

Keep your expectations low, boy, and you will never be disappointed. ~ Kratos