Pump speed EK aio 360 elite

Favahutt
Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,

The UNI HUB - SL Controller reports the data through an internal usb header and the fan groups can be controlled through their L-Connect 2 software. 

If the fans are set to pwm, the fans connected to the hub to respond to the signal from the fan header that can connect to the motherboard. In that case, fans connected to the hub would be detected as a single rpm signal. 

Here's one way of configuring a fan curve: 

1. Begin with fans at as low speed as possible. 

2. Raise the pump to the maximum rpm that isn't noticeable and set that as the minimum rpm which should cover the range for idle. If you're aiming for silence, this may be a flat line up to 60-65c.

3. Find the next pump rpm that doesn't bother you and use that for load which can start at 60-65c. From there, the curve fan be flat up until or a rising line / curve to the next pump rpm.

4. Find the loudest pump rpm that you're fine with and use that for a temperature that you want to keep the cpu under. That may be 75-90c. Past that point, it should be at 100% rpm. 

5. Repeat steps for fans. 

Hi all!
Question: What’s an ideal pwm curve for my ek aio 360 elite.

EK lists:

- Pump Speed Range: 1000 - 3300 RPM ± 10%
- Pump PWM Range: 25 - 100%

My Asus motherboard set my minimum pwm to 14% after “optimizing” and currently in bios it’s going at 557 rpm. My low limit was set to 200rpm by default and I haven’t changed it. 

System works well and is very quiet.

I was wondering the same thing about my case fans. Lian li uni sl. 

Bonus question: how come my bios can’t detect what rpm my case fans are at? Fan curve works as intended under load but value for rpm in bios is NA. Does Lian li sl hub not convey this data?

CBE1C299-827B-46CA-9341-DC3F461E4DA9.jpeg

2F47106D-A4B4-46E4-A512-DAE28BDEF621.jpeg

7 hours ago, NorKris said:

easy: the fastest u can go with out hearing it

Honestly. Thank you. That’s how I’ve done fan curves but this is my first aio/watercooling experience and there’s so many dos and donts with it I just wanted to ask. 

The UNI HUB - SL Controller reports the data through an internal usb header and the fan groups can be controlled through their L-Connect 2 software. 

If the fans are set to pwm, the fans connected to the hub to respond to the signal from the fan header that can connect to the motherboard. In that case, fans connected to the hub would be detected as a single rpm signal. 

Here's one way of configuring a fan curve: 

1. Begin with fans at as low speed as possible. 

2. Raise the pump to the maximum rpm that isn't noticeable and set that as the minimum rpm which should cover the range for idle. If you're aiming for silence, this may be a flat line up to 60-65c.

3. Find the next pump rpm that doesn't bother you and use that for load which can start at 60-65c. From there, the curve fan be flat up until or a rising line / curve to the next pump rpm.

4. Find the loudest pump rpm that you're fine with and use that for a temperature that you want to keep the cpu under. That may be 75-90c. Past that point, it should be at 100% rpm. 

5. Repeat steps for fans. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.