Bootstick doesnt work in new PC. Also no Display signal

Grabby

So ive been through A LOT of problem and stress for about 1 week. Now i was finally able to acess an NVMe ssd and clear it to use as a drive. Now i wanted to use a boot stick to install windows. The first time trying it, it showed an error which said something like : file system32 missing. (I guess it tried to load windows on the boot stick, instead of starting its installation tool process) I have no image of the error because.....now i dont get a display signal anymore after rebooting. Im slowly tired of this, ive been struggeling for the past week

is it the windows USB stick? as that one failed for me, had to carry over to a formatted USB stick, maybe something related to which USB generation... not sure, but it is annoying. Worked with another USB stick/drive, by copying all files over to it.

1 minute ago, Quackers101 said:

is it the windows USB stick? as that one failed for me, had to carry over to a formatted USB stick, maybe something related to which USB generation... not sure, but it is annoying. Worked with another USB stick/drive, by copying all files over to it.

I formatted the USB stick before using it. I lost my other usb stick i usually use so i used a chep one this time. Couple of days ago it worked. Also i have an update. When starting now, after the aorus loading screen, the screen turns the color of the background when using the installation tool (purple blue tone) for about half a second and then i lose display signal and the system turns off. 

Also i got a hold of this error message (image attatched) About 20% of the time this happens

IMG_20211204_204542.jpg

could be one file is missing or corrupted. do you have the downloaded files for booting windows?

10 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

could be one file is missing or corrupted. do you have the downloaded files for booting windows?

Yes i have. Im currently setting up a new bootstick with windows 10, instead of windows 11

2 minutes ago, Grabby said:

Yes i have. Im currently setting up a new bootstick with windows 10, instead of windows 11

oh, you were trying windows 11? on a new build? oof

windows 11 can be more complicated with TPM etc.

53 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

oh, you were trying windows 11? on a new build? oof

windows 11 can be more complicated with TPM etc.

Im fucking done. I have the windows 11 bootstick now and this shows up (image)

Translates to : the system does not meet the necessary requirements to install windows

2nd image error message : when trying to create a windows 10 stick i cant install the media creation tool on a usb stick for some reason. I have about 5 left to try

IMG_20211204_212652.jpg

IMG_20211204_215211.jpg

yeah if you are using windows/microsoft tool. its going to suck. although you dont really "need" any tools for a windows 10 install. just need a free usb or drive with the files for windows or windows boot files. so long they can be downloaded and copied, it should work on that storage device you placed it on. so long its not compressed in a folder/file like a .zip.

Try disabling secure boot, TPM etc, and clearing the CMOS. Also try using Rufus to create the USB image, it may work better for you. Use windows media creation tool to simply download the .iso file, load it into rufus, select the USB, select UEFI (GPT), or normal BIOS for older PC's (MBR). www.rufus.ie

Also what CPU do you have ?

Please tag me @RTX 3090 so I can see your reply

26 minutes ago, RTX 3090 said:

Try disabling secure boot, TPM etc, and clearing the CMOS. Also try using Rufus to create the USB image, it may work better for you. Use windows media creation tool to simply download the .iso file, load it into rufus, select the USB, select UEFI (GPT), or normal BIOS for older PC's (MBR). www.rufus.ie

Also what CPU do you have ?

@RTX 3090 thanks you i will try that. I have an i7-12700k

Just now, Grabby said:

@RTX 3090 thanks you i will try that. I have an i7-12700k

Your PC will defo use GPT and UEFI then, it also has TPM, so it will be compatable with Win 11, but I would advise download 10, then use the upgrade assistant to get to 11, it will help minimise installation issues due to TPM stuff

4 minutes ago, RTX 3090 said:

Your PC will defo use GPT and UEFI then, it also has TPM, so it will be compatable with Win 11, but I would advise download 10, then use the upgrade assistant to get to 11, it will help minimise installation issues due to TPM stuff

@RTX 3090 Ok thank you very much. 

My plan now

Use my old pc to create a windows 10 rufus boot stick

Disable safe boot in the BIOS.

3. Cry or celebrate

(Ive spent so much fucking time on this new pc its ridiculous, and ive been through so many issues i hope this is the last one ill be having)

Also new error : Windows 10 bootsick installation worked on my sisters pc. Insertet it and had a bluescreen for abt. 1mim until the system shut down :DDD

23 minutes ago, Grabby said:

Windows 10 bootsick installation worked on my sisters pc. Insertet it and had a bluescreen for abt. 1mim until the system shut down :DDD

Could be an error in the instllation. Try Rufus and see how it goes

27 minutes ago, RTX 3090 said:

@RTX 3090 Rufus update. I cant select a drive in rufus. I already looked up tutorials but my rufus just doesnt work like theirs does. (picture is how my drop down menu looks) I cant select a drive in the drop down menu (even after reinstalling) therefore not being able to create drive.

Im cant do this anymore, im so exhausted

Edit : I solved it

16386574662778497183585487413338.jpg

8 minutes ago, Grabby said:

@RTX 3090 Rufus update. I cant select a drive in rufus. I already looked up tutorials but my rufus just doesnt work like theirs does. (picture is how my drop down menu looks) I cant select a drive in the drop down menu (even after reinstalling) therefore not being able to create drive.

Im cant do this anymore, im so exhausted

EDIT : I solced it

8 minutes ago, Grabby said:

16386574662778497183585487413338.jpg

52 minutes ago, RTX 3090 said:

@RTX 3090 ok so i tried the rufus boot stick. Same spiel. First boot, goes into the menu where you select a windows version then error (image)

Ever boot after that. Blue screen and shut down after 1minIMG_20211205_001143.thumb.jpg.48506dc73b39b984173dd8118b3d8c43.jpg

Ok try downloading a different iso e.g. Ubuntu Linux so we can try to see if the issue is with the hardware, or just configuration.

Try downloading the Ubuntu .iso and installing (use the USB to install to the HDD/SSD, then make sure to unplug)