Corsair 5000D fan hub

jm_bmw

Hi everyone,

2 unrelated questions but since they are in the same "cooling" category here I go:

I recently got this case for a 12gen build and noticed that the fan hub main cable (PWM that connects to the MB) has only 3pins/wires... isn't that supossed to use 4 pins? how it works? I mean, can I control the fans individually or it is just one setting copied to all? I am guessing by the pinout that the fourth missing wire would come as voltage from the SATA connector, is that right? There is nothing about this hub on the manual and it is my first time using (or deciding to use) a fan hub...

13700 . B760 . 32GB 6000C32 . 1TB+2TB M2 Gen4 . RTX 3080 . 55Q80A 4K@120Hz

3 hours ago, jm_bmw said:

Hi everyone,

2 unrelated questions but since they are in the same "cooling" category here I go:

I recently got this case for a 12gen build and noticed that the fan hub main cable (PWM that connects to the MB) has only 3pins/wires... isn't that supossed to use 4 pins? how it works? I mean, can I control the fans individually or it is just one setting copied to all? I am guessing by the pinout that the fourth missing wire would come as voltage from the SATA connector, is that right? There is nothing about this hub on the manual and it is my first time using (or deciding to use) a fan hub... 

[/img]

well i think you kinda no how it works. its gets the power from sata and pwm from the mb. the pwm changes how fast the fan gos not the voltage on a pwm fan. the 3 pin fans do really on voltage to change its speed.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links