Motherboard and Graphics Card Compatibility

Mompass

Just wondering if there was any advantage to using a motherboard and graphics card from the same company? eg. Gigabyte

Nope, none at all.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

Usually there is no benefit, but some high end Asus motherboards can overvolt some Asus graphics cards, but this is not really worth it if you are not planning on doing any extreme gpu overclocks.

My PC:

4670k      GTX 760 ACX      CoolerMaster Hyper 412s      Fractal Design Node 804      G1 Sniper M5      Corsair RM 650      WD Red 1TB     Samsung 840 Evo 120GB

MSI and ASUS have features for their GPUs interacting with the motherboards but it does not really have any benefit.

MSI and ASUS have features for their GPUs interacting with the motherboards but it does not really have any benefit.

Yup, exactly where I was going to go with my post.

Although some brands might have something "extra" to offer if you do match them up, there is no other benefit, such as performance.

However, since the companies run the testing of their MoBos with their own GPUs (and visa versa), there is a slightly better chance that there will be slightly (IF any at all) better compatibility; or at least less of a chance to run into problems.

But.. I've never noticed in all my years, nor had any problems using other brands, which I do 90% of the time.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

the only compatibility issue i can think of is making sure your gpu isnt agp since i dont think they make boards with that slot anymore?

Its all about those volumetric clouds