Samsung aims to release 34" OLED ultrawide monitors in 2022

Stahlmann

UPDATE:

So according to LTT's newest video QD-OLED seems to top the board when looking for the best display technology, basically getting rid of OLED's downsides like color volume and brightness while topping the charts in color performance. Plus they're also offering peak brightness levels exceeding 1500 nits. Burn-in still is TBD but what is interesting is that Samsung and Dell/Alienware already announced 34" 175Hz QD-OLED monitors and Dell even gives 3 years of warranty INCLUDING burn-in protection, so they seem to be confident. I'm extremely excited to see what this'll bring once these displays are on the market.

Also, the monitors are 1800R curved, not 1000R. So they might really be viable options to look at.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Do you think the QD-OLEDs will have DisplayPort? Maybe the 34" ones. I hope the 55" ones don't have DP because that would make me spend the $2,500 to get one. (Still running GTX 1080 Ti, which can't do 4k 120 Hz or G-SYNC over HDMI)

13 minutes ago, 5b7z said:

Do you think the QD-OLEDs will have DisplayPort? Maybe the 34" ones. I hope the 55" ones don't have DP because that would make me spend the $2,500 to get one. (Still running GTX 1080 Ti, which can't do 4k 120 Hz or G-SYNC over HDMI)

I'm sure they will use DP 1.4. As they're mainly monitors DP is the priority. And they don't have enough bandwidth requirement to warrant DP 2.0 so i'd say you're safe. But you'll probably need DSC for it's maximum potential. Of course all this is in the case it's a 3440x1440 resolution, which they didn't confirm yet afaik. Just that they're 175Hz.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Would need DP 2.0 if 2160p and 120+ hz.  Of course, if it isn't...well, I have time.

7 hours ago, IPD said:

Would need DP 2.0 if 2160p and 120+ hz.  Of course, if it isn't...well, I have time.

DP 1.4 can handle even up to 4K 240Hz 10bpc when they include DSC, which is what Samsung has been doing for all their latest high-end monitors. So i'm pretty sure they will use that again.

People waiting for DP 2.0 is something i hear quite a bit lately, but i have no idea why people wait for specific unnecessary ports when current ones can handle it just fine. I understand why people wanted HDMI 2.1 because it's important to make full use of 4K 120Hz TVs. But DP 1.4 still has plenty of headroom and frankly i don't care what ports it uses as long as i don't have to use chroma to use the display to it's full potential.