$800-900 PC for Minecraft and Roblox

Budget (including currency): $800-900 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Roblox and Minecraft

Other details:  Please keep the monitor size below 24” because it will not fit on my desk and a keyboard with no blue switches. Monitor refresh rate above 75Hz and I will be playing at 1080p. Also, I don’t care if you go ATX or mATX, but please choose a motherboard with the BIOS already up to date because some motherboards still don’t have flashes in them and I have a pretty tight budget. One last thing, please include a Windows Copy in the build.

how are you doing today

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/VQd3Vc

That includes an APU that can handle simple Minecraft and roblox at 1080p medium-low until the graphics card market stabilizes.

The board should support that APU out of the box. 

Keyboards are very subjective, I personally have no preference, I learned on squishtastic membrane keyboards with no key stabization. I also am not an expert for monitors, for me anything 720p or above is fine for me under 32in. 

8 hours ago, BiotechBen said:

Keyboards are very subjective, I personally have no preference, I learned on squishtastic membrane keyboards with no key stabization. I also am not an expert for monitors, for me anything 720p or above is fine for me under 32in. 

i just wanted red switches because my cousin has them and they felt really good and I have a TV in my room, but my desk is facing the other direction to the TV and that TV has been there for many years, and the area that I will be using for the PC, there is no wall there because my desk is facing towards the front of my bed, so I wish I could just use my TV, but it’s literally impossible

how are you doing today

You can run both of those games on a chromebook. I'd recommend broadening your horizons before making an investment that large.

[Main Desktop]

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X  GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti (FTW3 Ultra)  MOBO: MSI Gaming Pro Carbon (X470)  RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3600 CL16 (2x8GB)

COOLER: Arctic LiquidFreezer II 280 STORAGE: G.SKILL Phoenix FTL 240GB SSD, Crucial MX500 1TB SSD, Toshiba 2TB HDD, Seagate 4TB HDD

PSU: EVGA GQ-1000W 80+ Gold  CASE: The MESHMOD v1.0 (Custom Deepcool Matrexx 70 chassis)  MONITOR: AOC 24G2 144Hz (IPS) 

MOUSE: Logitech G502 HERO (wired)  KEYBOARD: Rosewill K81 RGB (Kailh Brown)  HEADPHONES: HiFiMan Ananda, Drop x Sennheiser HD6XX

IEMS: 7Hz Timeless, Tin Audio T2, Blon BL-03, Samsung/AKG Galaxy Buds Pro  STUDIO MONITORS: Mackie MR524, Mackie MRS10  MIC: NEAT Worker Bee  

INTERFACE: Focusrite Scarlett Solo  AMPLIFIER: SMSL SP200 THX AAA-888, XDUOO XD-05 Basic  DAC: SMSL Sanskrit 10th MKII (upgraded AK4493 Version)

WHEEL: Logitech G29 + Logitech G Shifter

[Stream Encoder]

CPU: AMD FX-9590  GPU: Sapphire R9 390X (Tri-X OC)  MOBO: ASUS Sabertooth R2.0 (AM3+)  RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X DDR3-1866 (2x8GB)

COOLER: EVGA CLC 280 PSU: MSI A750GF 80+ Gold CASE: Phanteks P400A Digital

[Garage]

CAR: 2003 Honda Civic Coupe LX (EM2)  ENGINE: D17A1, planned K20A2 swap  INTAKE: DIY Solutions Short RAM  HEADERS: Motor1 4-2-1 with Cat-Delete

EXHAUST: Yonaka 2.5" Cat-Back with 3.5" tip (YMCB-CIV0105)  COILOVERS: MaXpeedingrods adjustable  RIMS: Core Racing Concept Seven Alloys (15x6.5)

RECEIVER: Kenwood DPX304MBT  SOUND DEADENING: Damplifier Pro Deadening Mats  SOUND DAMPENING: Custom solution, layers of thick insulation

DOOR SPEAKERS: Kenwood KFC-P710PS 6.5" Components  WINDOW LEDGE SPEAKERS: Kenwood KFC-6996PS 6x9" 5-Ways

10 hours ago, ebprince the computer nerd said:

Budget (including currency): $800-900 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Roblox and Minecraft

Other details:  Please keep the monitor size below 24” because it will not fit on my desk and a keyboard with no blue switches. Monitor refresh rate above 75Hz and I will be playing at 1080p. Also, I don’t care if you go ATX or mATX, but please choose a motherboard with the BIOS already up to date because some motherboards still don’t have flashes in them and I have a pretty tight budget. One last thing, please include a Windows Copy in the build.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-12600KF 3.7 GHz 10-Core Processor  ($269.99 @ Best Buy) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition 57.3 CFM CPU Cooler  ($28.49 @ B&H) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($199.99 @ B&H) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($66.99 @ Best Buy) 
Storage: Samsung 980 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($59.99 @ Adorama) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($46.99 @ Best Buy) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB Phoenix Video Card  ($200.00) 
Case: Cougar MX340 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($49.99 @ B&H) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA GA 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($61.98 @ Newegg) 
Case Fan: ARCTIC P12 PST 56.3 CFM 120 mm Fan  ($9.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1014.38
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-12-01 11:31 EST-0500

it's a bit over budget (~$100), but you can always remove the GPU, or simply downgrade slightly further

░█▀▀█ ▒█░░░ ▒█▀▀▄ ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█▀▀█   ▒█░░░ ░█▀▀█ ▒█░▄▀ ▒█▀▀▀ 
▒█▄▄█ ▒█░░░ ▒█░▒█ ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█▄▄▀   ▒█░░░ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▀▄░ ▒█▀▀▀ 
▒█░▒█ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▄▄▀ ▒█▄▄▄ ▒█░▒█   ▒█▄▄█ ▒█░▒█ ▒█░▒█ ▒█▄▄▄

Just now, OfficialTechSpace said:

You can run both of those games on a chromebook. I'd recommend broadening your horizons before making an investment that large.

i know that minecraft and roblox can run on a c2d (saw a yt video on it lol) but i want something that can last for a good while before i have to upgrade and i might play other games so i want something, stable

how are you doing today

2 minutes ago, ebprince the computer nerd said:

i know that minecraft and roblox can run on a c2d (saw a yt video on it lol) but i want something that can last for a good while before i have to upgrade and i might play other games so i want something, stable

technically it would be more "future proof" to upgrade to use 12th gen and a DDR5 board, but it'll perform worse for now

the PC I listed should last you for a while (at least 10 years), and by then everything will be outdated, DDR6 might be released, maybe even DDR7/8, NVIDIA will probably be close to cards with 5 digits (10090), Intel will probably be in the 20/30s (i9-30900k), and both Intel and TSMC will be using angstroms for measurement, and so on so fourth

tldr: the parts I chose are arguably the best choice

Just now, ebprince the computer nerd said:

is there maybe a better cooler because i heard that its hard to install and the cpu does get pretty hot

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/2PFKHx/arctic-liquid-freezer-ii-360-563-cfm-liquid-cpu-cooler-acfre00068a

a more "capable" cooler should run you ~$100

13 minutes ago, ebprince the computer nerd said:

That's kinda like me buying a PS5 to play the new Gran Turismo and The Last of Us, with the intention of broadening my horizons later down the road. $900 console for 2 titles. Do you really need a $1000 PC to play $30 worth of games?

[Main Desktop]

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X  GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti (FTW3 Ultra)  MOBO: MSI Gaming Pro Carbon (X470)  RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3600 CL16 (2x8GB)

COOLER: Arctic LiquidFreezer II 280 STORAGE: G.SKILL Phoenix FTL 240GB SSD, Crucial MX500 1TB SSD, Toshiba 2TB HDD, Seagate 4TB HDD

PSU: EVGA GQ-1000W 80+ Gold  CASE: The MESHMOD v1.0 (Custom Deepcool Matrexx 70 chassis)  MONITOR: AOC 24G2 144Hz (IPS) 

MOUSE: Logitech G502 HERO (wired)  KEYBOARD: Rosewill K81 RGB (Kailh Brown)  HEADPHONES: HiFiMan Ananda, Drop x Sennheiser HD6XX

IEMS: 7Hz Timeless, Tin Audio T2, Blon BL-03, Samsung/AKG Galaxy Buds Pro  STUDIO MONITORS: Mackie MR524, Mackie MRS10  MIC: NEAT Worker Bee  

INTERFACE: Focusrite Scarlett Solo  AMPLIFIER: SMSL SP200 THX AAA-888, XDUOO XD-05 Basic  DAC: SMSL Sanskrit 10th MKII (upgraded AK4493 Version)

WHEEL: Logitech G29 + Logitech G Shifter

[Stream Encoder]

CPU: AMD FX-9590  GPU: Sapphire R9 390X (Tri-X OC)  MOBO: ASUS Sabertooth R2.0 (AM3+)  RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X DDR3-1866 (2x8GB)

COOLER: EVGA CLC 280 PSU: MSI A750GF 80+ Gold CASE: Phanteks P400A Digital

[Garage]

CAR: 2003 Honda Civic Coupe LX (EM2)  ENGINE: D17A1, planned K20A2 swap  INTAKE: DIY Solutions Short RAM  HEADERS: Motor1 4-2-1 with Cat-Delete

EXHAUST: Yonaka 2.5" Cat-Back with 3.5" tip (YMCB-CIV0105)  COILOVERS: MaXpeedingrods adjustable  RIMS: Core Racing Concept Seven Alloys (15x6.5)

RECEIVER: Kenwood DPX304MBT  SOUND DEADENING: Damplifier Pro Deadening Mats  SOUND DAMPENING: Custom solution, layers of thick insulation

DOOR SPEAKERS: Kenwood KFC-P710PS 6.5" Components  WINDOW LEDGE SPEAKERS: Kenwood KFC-6996PS 6x9" 5-Ways

12 minutes ago, yesyes said:

it's a bit over budget (~$100), but you can always remove the GPU, or simply downgrade slightly further

Did you really just tell him to remove the GPU when you picked a CPU without integrated graphics?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

4 minutes ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

Did you really just tell him to remove the GPU when you picked a CPU without integrated graphics?

🤦‍♂️

11 minutes ago, ebprince the computer nerd said:

is there maybe a better cooler because i heard that its hard to install and the cpu does get pretty hot

if you plan to remove the GPU to save $400, then you need to get a 12600K instead of the 12600KF

18 minutes ago, yesyes said:

CPU: Intel Core i5-12600KF 3.7 GHz 10-Core Processor  ($269.99 @ Best Buy) 

What exactly did you think we're supposed to get from this when you said this??

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

3 minutes ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

What exactly did you think we're supposed to get from this when you said this??

🥺

I'm sorry, I forgot

31 minutes ago, OfficialTechSpace said:

That's kinda like me buying a PS5 to play the new Gran Turismo and The Last of Us, with the intention of broadening my horizons later down the road. $900 console for 2 titles. Do you really need a $1000 PC to play $30 worth of games?

i just chose $800-900 because things like monitors are through the roof right now so i gave myself a little bit of breathing room for the monitor. i can always do like a $600-750 PC but then ill be using cheaper components that nearly wont last as long.

how are you doing today

2 hours ago, ebprince the computer nerd said:

is it like a windows copy on a CD? or do they sell the USB ones?

CD? What year is it? 😆

It's normal windows key. You'll install Microsoft Windows on your PC and activate it with a kay.