Give Anthony his own channel

Lord Szechenyi

(Probably the Nth topic to talk about this)

LTT is 95% Linus

Techquickie is James, Linus or Riley and rarely it's Anthony

TechLinked is Riley, occasionally James and sometimes a guest

ShortCircuit seems to be the Channel closest to Anthony, as it's him, Linus, Alex or a guest

(and Mac Address is it's own host but it's Apple so we don't talk about it 😄 )

Anthony should have his own channel where he does the same thing as ShortCircuit but explained/presented in detail

And generally talk about niche tech, Retro, Linux or similar

May want to consider if Anthony WANTS this.  He seems a bit more introverted to be constantly in front of the camera.  Once in a while, maybe. 

Could be just my perception, of course.

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

It heavily relies on the content when they decide who to put on the project. For example anything about Linux or retro gaming for example most likely involves Anthony. In every case the writer of the content piece is always present on set or in front of the camera. The reason Anthony isn't in front of the camera all the time is because he isn't involved in every piece of content. Simple as that. I think he does a lot of BTS work, like for example most of the benchmarking for GPU, CPU, mobo, etc roundups.

LTT is mostly Linus because he is the face of the company and basically the face of the channel. Also he basically brings entertainment while the writer is mostly present for the information they prepared.

In Techquickie it's not really important who is in front of the camera as they pretty much only rely on the script, not the presenters knowledge of a subject.

As for TechLinked, it's mostly Riley because it's HIS project. EVERYONE else is just a guest basically. And his way of presenting is basically perfect for this kind of "easy to digest" tech news.

ShortCircuit basically always has the most knowledgeable or enthusiastic person for the product. For example yesterday there was a retro gaming product, and the presenter was Anthony because he's really into that.

I personally don't mind how often each person appears on camera. It's important that the right person appears. I also like Anthony more than some other LTT people, but that doesn't mean i want him in every video.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

4 minutes ago, Dedayog said:

May want to consider if Anthony WANTS this.  He seems a bit more introverted to be constantly in front of the camera.  Once in a while, maybe. 

Doesn't have to be ON camera

voice over is fine, hell, most of the stuff he does is rather voice over

(I mean compared to the same thing when Linus does it)

51 minutes ago, Lord Szechenyi said:

Doesn't have to be ON camera

voice over is fine, hell, most of the stuff he does is rather voice over

(I mean compared to the same thing when Linus does it)

Doing voice overs is still a similar activity as being in front of the camera (certainly from an introvert point of view) as far as you still very much need to consider your audience, do multiple takes, etc. Not to mention that if you want a channel purely with Anthony you likely want it because of his personality and approach to things which also means that he would need to be intimately involved in all the videos produced on that channel creating more pressure as a channel depends on a regular upload schedule to grow and maintain an audience. 

Also, you might want to consider that Anthony likely already is involved in a lot of the content he is not in doing other things that are his strong suits. Researching things, setting things up, etc for a variety of videos produced across the various LTT channels. All things he might not be able to do as much if he was just having to focus on his own channel. 

It is a compliment to the man that you would like to see an entire channel filled with content made by him. But that doesn't mean it is realistically something that should happen as his wellbeing is more important and that shouldn't be waved away. If Anthony thinks it is a great idea and is comfortable with it, it would be great if it happens but if he isn't please just let him do the things he is good at in the ways he wants and currently already enriches the LTT experience 🙂 

There aren't many subjects that benefit from binary takes on them in a discussion.

2 hours ago, Dedayog said:

May want to consider if Anthony WANTS this.  He seems a bit more introverted to be constantly in front of the camera.  Once in a while, maybe

I don't really understand this reflex people tend to have that everyone wants to be the center of attention or wants to be in the most prominent or prestigious position. Being in the spotlight all the time is scary. Not everyone wants to "move up" from where they are.

It's entirely possible that I misinterpreted/misread your topic and/or question. This happens more often than I care to admit. Apologies in advance.

珠江 (Pearl River): CPU: Intel i7-12700K (8p4e/20t); Motherboard: ASUS TUF Gaming Plus Z690 WiFi; RAM: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 @3200MHz CL16; Cooling Solution: NZXT Kraken Z53 240mm AIO, w/ 2x Lian Li ST120 RGB Fans; GPU: EVGA Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 10GB FTW3 Ultra; Storage: Samsung 980 Pro, 1TB; Samsung 970 EVO, 1TB; Crucial MX500, 2TB; PSU: Corsair RM850x; Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh RGB, Black; Display(s): Primary: ASUS ROG Swift PG279QM (1440p 27" 240 Hz); Secondary: Acer Predator XB1 XB241H bmipr (1080p 24" 144 Hz, 165 Hz OC); Case Fans: 1x Lian Li ST120 RGB Fan, 3x stock RGB fans; Capture Card: Elgato HD60 Pro

翻生 (Resurrection): CPU: 2x Intel Xeon E5-2620 v2; Motherboard: ASUS Z9PR-D12 (C602 chipset) SSI-EEB; RAM: Crucial 32GB (8x4GB) DDR3 ECC RAM; Cooling Solution: 2x Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; GPU: ASRock Intel ARC A380 Challenger ITX; StorageCrucial MX500, 500GB; PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750W; Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro; Expansion Card: TP-Link Archer T4E AC1200 PCIe Wi-Fi Adapter Display(s): Dell P2214HB (1080p 22" 60 Hz)

壯麗 (Glorious): Mainboard: Framework Mainboard w/ Intel Core i5-1135G7; RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 SODIMM @3200MHz CL22; eGPU: Razer Core X eGPU Enclosure w/ (between GPUs at the moment); Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 1TB; Display(s): Internal Display: Framework Display; External Display: Acer (unknown model) (1080p, 21" 75 Hz)

1 hour ago, creesch said:

It is a compliment to the man that you would like to see an entire channel filled with content made by him. But that doesn't mean it is realistically something that should happen as his wellbeing is more important and that shouldn't be waved away. If Anthony thinks it is a great idea and is comfortable with it, it would be great if it happens but if he isn't please just let him do the things he is good at in the ways he wants and currently already enriches the LTT experience 🙂 

True, maybe Anthony should have his own channel in the way that he is the main writer for the channel and have Linus (or someone of the same age) host it

5 minutes ago, Lord Szechenyi said:

True, maybe Anthony should have his own channel in the way that he is the main writer for the channel and have Linus (or someone of the same age) host it

Why does he need to be the main writer of a separate channel? It will not increase the amount of videos he is involved in so I don't really see why it would need to be separated from the regular channels. 

There aren't many subjects that benefit from binary takes on them in a discussion.

17 minutes ago, Lord Szechenyi said:

why

Because he already is full time involved at LTT which as a core business produces videos. A certain amount of videos that don't have Anthony in them will still have him being involved so it isn't that different from what you just suggested. 

5 hours ago, Lord Szechenyi said:

(Probably the Nth topic to talk about this)

LTT is 95% Linus

Techquickie is James, Linus or Riley and rarely it's Anthony

TechLinked is Riley, occasionally James and sometimes a guest

ShortCircuit seems to be the Channel closest to Anthony, as it's him, Linus, Alex or a guest

(and Mac Address is it's own host but it's Apple so we don't talk about it 😄 )

Anthony should have his own channel where he does the same thing as ShortCircuit but explained/presented in detail

And generally talk about niche tech, Retro, Linux or similar

you want more anthony? YOU CAN"T HANDLE MORE ANTHONY!!!!

is water wet?

i don't know what I'm doing either...

3 hours ago, creesch said:

Because he already is full time involved at LTT which as a core business produces videos. A certain amount of videos that don't have Anthony in them will still have him being involved so it isn't that different from what you just suggested. 

Really? I never checked the credits but I doubt that nearly all of his work is LTT and not like 2/3 LTT and 1/3 short circuit

3 hours ago, danthe_only_man said:

you want more anthony? YOU CAN"T HANDLE MORE ANTHONY!!!!

Anthony is like Shrek

Since Shrek is love, shrek is life

1 hour ago, Lord Szechenyi said:

Really? I never checked the credits but I doubt that nearly all of his work is LTT and not like 2/3 LTT and 1/3 short circuit

That assuming that 100% of the work that Anthony does is only writing scripts. Pretty sure it has been mentioned that he's also kind of the Sys admin for all their servers and keeping things running.

Not only would Anthony have to WANT to be in more videos by himself/have his own channel or show, but also has to have the TIME to do it

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

12 hours ago, Lord Szechenyi said:

Anthony is like Shrek

Since Shrek is love, shrek is life

I figured that it would be obvious that I meant LTT as in all the channels, regardless it doesn't impact the point I was making. Again it is a compliment to the man that you want to see more of him, but that doesn't mean it is something that is realistic. 

yeah I thought about anthony a few times, hes strikingly smart and well spoken..guy deserves more.

12 hours ago, Arika S said:

he's also kind of the Sys admin for all their servers and keeping things running

They should hire another guy to do that, leaves time for Anthony to do more videos

1 hour ago, Lord Szechenyi said:

They should hire another guy to do that, leaves time for Anthony to do more videos

Again, maybe Anthony doesn't want that. Just because you want it to happen doesn't mean it should happen. For example it could be that he simply likes having a more diverse set of responsibilities rather than one focussed thing as that would just demotivate him long term. 

Also all that knowledge and experience Anthony is using in his videos has to come from somewhere, if he stops doing all the things that keeps his knowledge and experience up to date the quality of the videos he participates in might suffer in the long term. 

As I've said in past threads about Anthony (or more Linux content), Linus has mentioned that Anthony is the main guy for long and complicated projects, along with Jake. As these projects take time to prepare, shoot and edit, you only see Anthony on camera when project is released. So once a month maybe?

Which brings up couple of questions. Do you want Anthony as a host? Or do you prefer content he makes for the channel? You can't have equal amount of both. If you want more Anthony content, then you can just express your love for that type of content, and they will make more of it. He doesn't need own channel that posts video monthly for that.

Also, pay attention to the content Anthony writes and presents. It's always stuff he knows and is passionate about. Apart from occasional TL ofc. Would you really want him to narrate next iBud review?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I can't imagine how Anthony could make video like those he host on a more regular basis, they are so deeply researched and complicated compare to most of LMG video! Maybe one day the team will expand again and Anthony will have more time to do some more content.

I would love the same from Riley and James. But it's probably the same answer, they have other job at LMG and probably can't do more. Maybe one day!

LMG have a very nice team of host, and I hope they will keep finding such good people.

why?  Brian the electrician has more personality.

Slayerking92

<Type something witty here>
<Link to some pcpartpicker fantasy build and claim as my own>

Has anyone asked - does he want a channel?

Can't really force a person to want a channel in first place.

I edit my posts more often than not

44 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

Has anyone asked - does he want a channel?

Can't really force a person to want a channel in first place.

yes, several people in the entire discussion already 😄 doesn't make a less valid point though. 

4 hours ago, Slayerking92 said:

why?  Brian the electrician has more personality.

ouch!  That is a hot take that may get you some heat!

4 hours ago, martin_metal_88 said:

I can't imagine how Anthony could make video like those he host on a more regular basis,

He is writer and researcher for most of those. So yes, he can make videos. But the question is, how many for it to be profitable.

4 hours ago, martin_metal_88 said:

I would love the same from Riley and James. But it's probably the same answer, they have other job at LMG and probably can't do more. Maybe one day!

LMG have a very nice team of host, and I hope they will keep finding such good people.

TechLinked has been Riley's channel from the start. He is the main writer and researcher, with others just helping with hosting. James was one of the main writers for LTT, and also does many videos on SC. What would be he's channel content even? He's well-rounded when it comes to content.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv