(Almost) No compromise Gaming PC + Setup

HealthyHenry

Budget (including currency): Max budget of 90 000 SEK (In other currencies: ≈ 9 500 USD / ≈ 12 500 CAD / ≈ 8 500 EUR) (Current price for all things listed below is around 90% of the stated budget, this is for potential additions)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming [GTAV, RDR2, Forza Horizon games, and potentially Sim-racers, VR games, etc], while watching videos/movies, chatting (At least 2 at the same time) - Also some video editing and potentially streaming/recording

Other details 

I decided that a PC-upgrade was neccesary, and then I thought that I can upgrade my whole setup. So I would like to ask you to give me your opinions about it so far. My first and current PC was built in late 2015, and has not been upgraded since about 2017. So while I'm at it, why not go all-out. Especially when a budget is nothing that I will have to really care about.

Current Setup(the one I currently have)

The PC itself:

Motherboard: MSI B85M-E45

CPU: i5-4460 (with stock cooler)

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 1600Mhz 2x4GB

GPU: MSI GTX960 4GB

SSD: Kingston 240GB 

HDD 1: Seagate Barracuda 1TB

HDD 2: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

PSU: Cooler Master 500W 80+

CASE: Cooler Master Elite 430 Black

The setup was built late 2015. GPU and 1TB HDD was added 2 months later, at christmas. and 2016/17 I added the 2TB HDD.

It is capable of playing GTAV and RDR2 on medium-graphics at 45-60FPS. It is also good enough to play VR games such as Blade & Sorcery, Pavlov, etc, on an Oculus Rift.

Monitors

Acer KG51q - 1920x1080 at 75Hz

LG Flatron W1954TQ - 1440x900

Peripherals are a buch of of-brand things, except for my Steelseries Arctis 7 Headset

The setup i have conceptualized so far:

(Configured via a swedish website called "Inet")

Here is the link for only PC-parts on PCpartpicker, but GPU is a bit different.

The PC Itself:

Motherboard: MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi 

CPU: i9-12900K

CPU-Cooler: Corsair iCUE H150i Elite LCD - AIO, 360mm radiator and 3 RGB-fans - Includes Commander core, wich will be used for controlling fans and RGB in the case

RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB - DDR5 5200MHz 2x16GB CL38 [Thinking of buying a total of 4 to fill up RAM-slots]

GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080Ti 12GB Aorus Xtreme Waterforce [The stock of GPU's are as we all know, unpredictable. But I will choose an AIO Watercooled RTX3080Ti]

SSD 1: WD Black SN850 1TB Gen4 - 7000/5300 Read/Write in MB/s [Will be used for OS and games with high requirements]

SSD 2: Potentially a larger but slower M.2 for larger files/games - If you have any recomendations, please write them. OR

HDD: Seagate BarraCuda 4TB 5400rpm - 190/190 Read/Write in MB/s

PSU: Corsair HX1000 - 1000W with 80+ Platinum

Case: Corsair iCUE 220T RGB Black [Either the Airflow version OR the one with tinted glass]

*The specs will ofcourse be up to date if any better components becomes available to the market, since it is currently in the concept/planning stage, but it is just a question of time about when I will buy everything.

Peripherals:

Monitors: Acer 27" ED270-series - I will have three of these mounted side-by-side, the middle one will be the 2560x1440 at 165Hz, and the side ones will be 1920x1080 also at 165Hz [The side ones have different resulution because the center one will be the main one for gaming, and when I play a game that has support for multi-monitor thing, the side doesn't have to be as "detailed"] [These will be mounted to a triple-monitor arm]

Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K63 Wireless Blue LED (A Lapboard compatible with it, will be added)

Mouse: Corsair Dark Core RGB PRO SE Wireless with Qi charging (A Qi compatible Mousepad from Corsair will be bought as well, but it is not available from the site I configured this on)

Headset: The Arctis 7 will most likely stay with me for the new setup

Racing Setup:

Next Level Racing GTTRACK Racing simulator cockpit

Thrustmaster TX Racing wheel Leather Edition (Included pedals)

Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter

- - - - - - - -

If anyone has any suggestions, you are free to write them. Both if you suggest any change or something to add. I am going for an Ultimate setup that will not need an upgrade for about 10 years. It will be updated if I decide it needs to be

6 minutes ago, HealthyHenry said:

RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB - DDR5 5200MHz 2x16GB CL38 [Thinking of buying a total of 4 to fill up RAM-slots]

Don't fill up the RAM slots just because you can. 2 sticks are always better for speed and stability.

If you plan to use iCUE to control lighting, you might want to consider an Asus motherboard. As far as I know they are the only motherboards with lighting that integrates with iCUE.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

12 hours ago, brob said:

If you plan to use iCUE to control lighting, you might want to consider an Asus motherboard. As far as I know they are the only motherboards with lighting that integrates with iCUE.

Thank you for telling me. I will think about changing that then

13 hours ago, dilpickle said:

Don't fill up the RAM slots just because you can. 2 sticks are always better for speed and stability.

Okay, that seems reasonable. Thank you

13 hours ago, Caroline said:

Go for 2x32 RAM if you need that much so you still have 2 free slots for upgrading. Ditch the AIO and get a high end air cooler instead.

Any reason for this? it won't be better than an air cooled card and if the pump dies you'll end up having a nice big headache.

Even more reason for going air. AIOs in general won't last for more than 4-5 years, there are no user serviceable parts on them except for the fan which almost never fails. Simpler is better.

I will rethink parts of it, it is still in the planning stage. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and opinions