Regarding the LTT Stealth Deskpad (or even-more Stealth Deskpad)

Skipple

Hi there, 

Just wanted to throw my two cents in and respond to a comment that was made on the WAN show this evening. As Linus showed off the design for the new Stealth Deskpad a person in chat made a suggestion that, while the Stealth-pad was an improvement for those of us that want something a bit more subtle, it's still a bit much. I tend to agree with this person.

As someone who attempts to keep their desk as clean a possible (although I somehow always find myself failing in this aspect), I would love an all-black LLT Desktop with a minimal design. Perhaps take an approach similar to the beanie with a small orange and black "LTT" tag in the corner. Linus has garnered a reputation of having extremely high quality products available for his merch. I would gladly pay a premium for a solid color deskpad if I knew the product I was receiving was superior to any other random deskpad I were to pick off Amazon. 

Not sure if Nick or anyone else from the store trolls these forums, but figured I would attempt to make my voice herd. I would be the first to purchase a deskpad like this if they were ever available. Thanks!

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

I doubt LMG is the only one with access to high quality materials for something as basic as a mouse pad. just get one of the billions of all black mouse pads that are already on the market from well known brands.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

24 minutes ago, Arika S said:

I doubt LMG is the only one with access to high quality materials for something as basic as a mouse pad. just get one of the billions of all black mouse pads that are already on the market from well known brands.

I have no doubt as well, but which one of the 10 random brands I have never heard of do I choose from? 

I personally associate LTTStore with high quality products. I've never purchased anything in the past from them I have been disappointed in. I would rather spend $30 on something I know is high quality than have to sift through multiple $15 products to find the one that is halfway decent.

Just give me the mousepad I know went through multiple r&d iterations and I can trust is high quality. Slap an LTT logo in the corner. Saves me time and I can support a brand I really like.

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

1 hour ago, Skipple said:

I have no doubt as well, but which one of the 10 random brands I have never heard of do I choose from? 

Look at reviews of the more well known ones, some of which can be found below.

Just give me the mousepad I know went through multiple r&d iterations and I can trust is high quality.

that is not unique to LMG.

Steel series, Cooler master, Glorious, Corsair, Cougar, Ducky, Logitech, Razer etc don't just grab a slab of rubber, stitch some shit to it and throw it in a box and say "that will do!" I would be very concerned if you think the above companies don't also have multiple iterations of everything they make before the product is finalized and sent off to retail.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒