So, I am upgrading from a 1050ti, fx8350, and ddr3 system. Is this a good Build Choice? If not, any tips for what I should change or add?

blackhawkball21

Budget (including currency): Roughly $1500

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Not sure yet, whatever I decide to buy and play.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Gpu: 3070 FE (I know this is banking on getting a card at msrp which is what I hope to do: We'll see)

Cpu: 5600x

Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Gaming

Ram: Team Team T-Force Delta 16GB DDR4-3600

SSD: Crucial P5 1TB

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P300A Mesh

PSU: Corsair RMx 850W 80+ Gold Fully Modular

Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G5 series 27-inch 144Hz 1440p

1 hour ago, tkitch said:

It's a solid box, with good choices.

you can build now, and use the 1050TI (for the time being) until you get a new GPU.

Thank you, that is what I plan on doing and trying to use black friday deals to save as much as I can.

Looks great to me except for the motherboard. I'm assuming you saw the Gaming X on sale at Newegg, and there's a reason they want it gone: The VRMs are pretty dismal. The MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus would be a much better option.

the pc guy

1 hour ago, Forleb said:

Looks great to me except for the motherboard. I'm assuming you saw the Gaming X on sale at Newegg, and there's a reason they want it gone: The VRMs are pretty dismal. The MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus would be a much better option.

1 hour ago, blackhawkball21 said:

Thank you, that is what I plan on doing and trying to use black friday deals to save as much as I can.

One more question. Will I be fine with 5600x stock cooler or should I go for something beefier?

7 minutes ago, blackhawkball21 said:

One more question. Will I be fine with 5600x stock cooler or should I go for something beefier?

The AMD stock cooler works fine but if you plan to overclock or dislike parts running hot getting a better cooler is a good idea.

1 hour ago, HeroRareheart said:

The AMD stock cooler works fine but if you plan to overclock or dislike parts running hot getting a better cooler is a good idea.

Thank you, this will be my first time building a PC so I wasn't sure.

43 minutes ago, blackhawkball21 said:

Gpu: 3070 FE (I know this is banking on getting a card at msrp which is what I hope to do: We'll see)

Cpu: 5600x

Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Gaming

Ram: Team Team T-Force Delta 16GB DDR4-3600

SSD: Crucial P5 1TB

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P300A Mesh

PSU: Corsair RMx 850W 80+ Gold Fully Modular

Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G5 series 27-inch 144Hz 1440p

That is a solid build

although b550 gaming is just a dressed up ds3h so consider getting a pro vdh or pro4, if you are talking about gaming x then pro vdh or pro4 still has better vrms, though consider a b550a pro/gaming plus if you can get one

Also you may even be able to fit a p400a in your budget so you dont need to buy extra fans

Almost anything is better than an old FX system, you chose wisely upgrading. Parts seem pretty good. Stock cooler operation will be fine for most use cases, I have a 2600X (95w TDP) and it stays around mid 60's in a case with poor airflow under normal gaming operation, it does peak to almost low 90s under 3.9ghz all core video transcoding, which in a stifled airflow case is reasonable. It generally stays in low 80s peak temps under transcode though. 

Note: ambient temp is about 65F (18C)