Finding a great CPU cooler for AMD Ryzen 7 5800x

Onward

Budget (including currency):聽$80

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:聽VR, Many steam games like Payday 2 and CS:GO, etc.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc馃槥 Looking at getting a great CPU cooler but I am stuck on which one to get. I'm thinking about only air coolers right now. Looking at the NH-U12S SE-AM4 and Scythe Mugen 5 Rev.B CPU Air Cooler聽 currently but open to more options.

Thanks.

6 minutes ago, Onward said:

Will look into that. But will it cover the ram? I forgot to mention that I am trying to get the CPU cooler to not cover over the ram.

that one will most likely cover the ram yeah

hi, im renata bliss and am ur freestyle dance teacher

5 minutes ago, Onward said:

Will look into that. But will it cover the ram? I forgot to mention that I am trying to get the CPU cooler to not cover over the ram.

it will, the d-15 isnt for looks most of the time.

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

43 minutes ago, Onward said:

Budget (including currency):聽$80

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:聽VR, Many steam games like Payday 2 and CS:GO, etc.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc馃槥 Looking at getting a great CPU cooler but I am stuck on which one to get. I'm thinking about only air coolers right now. Looking at the NH-U12S SE-AM4 and Scythe Mugen 5 Rev.B CPU Air Cooler聽 currently but open to more options.

Thanks.

i'd recommend this one regarding from your description聽https://www.amazon.com/quiet-Dark-Rock-BK021-Cooler/dp/B07BYP9S95

Be quiet! Dark Rock 4

covers the 1st ram slot*

hi, im renata bliss and am ur freestyle dance teacher

Ok, so my top three are the Dark Rock 4, Scythe Fuma 2, and Noctua NH-U12S. Which one would be the best for overclock?

NH-U12A, also available in black if desired. Slightly better than the NH-D15S.

NH-D15S, also available in black.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

I run with the Scythe Mugen 5 and don't have much problems with temps when gaming. I run PBO with PPT at聽115 though. Get between high 60's to low 70's typically.