New CPU cooler. I've only used stock lol.

Jack Dvorak

I've been using the stock cooler for the past 4 years, and I realize how loud it is. 

Requirements:

- quiet 

- I don't care too much for the aesthetics, but if it looks nice that is cool.

- preferably less than 85$

- It has to fit in an NZXT s340, and fit on x370 mobo.

thanks for any help

42 minutes ago, Jack Dvorak said:

I've been using the stock cooler for the past 4 years, and I realize how loud it is. 

Requirements:

- quiet 

- I don't care too much for the aesthetics, but if it looks nice that is cool.

- preferably less than 85$

- It has to fit in an NZXT s340, and fit on x370 mobo.

thanks for any help

No CPU mentioned.  Hard to even have ideas without that.  They vary in power a lot.  A suggestion that isn’t big enough will have problems and simply using the biggest one possible can be very expensive.  Could cover both and simply name the most powerful AIO that fits in that case and has a lot of board options but that will be well over $100.  The case name defines a maximum height, but the case has to be looked up to even find that out. Motherboard has to be looked up to find out whether there is anything odd that way though that would be doubtful.  That sort of stuff tends to be very standardized.  Good chance the board doesn’t matter much except to define cpu brand.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

What cpu and ram are you using? 

Where are you shopping / located? 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.