What is a reasonable build for running CFD and FEM simulations at home?

AeroD_7

Hi all,

I am an Aerospace student and I am looking to build a PC to run moderately heavy CFD/FEM simulations on it.  I am on a budget of 1300 Euros. I have compiled the following list of components. Please suggest and give remarks on how this configuration would perform. (I do not game a lot except that I look forward to MS Flight Sim.)

Part
Model Remarks/Doubts.
CPU AMD R7 3700X Main criterion was the no.of cores. How much difference upgrading to 12 cores would make?
Comes with a cooling.

Is additional cooling required?
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite  
GPU Asus GeForce GTX 1650 4 GB CFD simulations mostly use the GPU during post processing and rendering. Any comment on the choice? (Of course, subject to availability)
Memory G Skill 2x8 GB Motherboard upgradable to 128 GB
Storage 1 TB SSD  
Case Lian Licool ATX Midtower  
PSU Corsair RMx (2018) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  
Monitor Asus VG248QE 24.0"  
OS W10 Home  

Thank you all.

Uhhh i think this thread belongs in new builds and planning but you can just wait for the mods to move it, self reporting for posted in wrong subforum will prob get it moved faster

What country do you live in? Cause cant really give an accurate reccomendation if country is unknown

Having a decent pc at 1300€ is gonna be tough though if you have an existing pc you can just upgrade that (full specs will also help incl mb, psu, case, etc.)

Um

How you goign to turn it on?

right now its not got a power supply, so you wont be able to turn it on at all, much less simulate anything

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Uhhh i think this thread belongs in new builds and planning but you can just wait for the mods to move it, self reporting for posted in wrong subforum will prob get it moved faster

What country do you live in? Cause cant really give an accurate reccomendation if country is unknown

Having a decent pc at 1300€ is gonna be tough though if you have an existing pc you can just upgrade that (full specs will also help incl mb, psu, case, etc.)

Thanks for the reply. I will wait for the mods to move it to the right place. I am new to this forum. I am in Germany. 
I do not have a PC currently, all parts need to be bought. 

3 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Um

How you goign to turn it on?

right now its not got a power supply, so you wont be able to turn it on at all, much less simulate anything

Yes you are right that I haven't mentioned it but chose a 650W Corsair PSU and other obvious peripherals like an additional HDD and a monitor etc.
Thank you. 

3 minutes ago, AeroD_7 said:

Yes you are right that I haven't mentioned it but chose a 650W Corsair PSU and other obvious peripherals like an additional HDD and a monitor etc.
Thank you. 

Can you specify the exact parts? It'd be extra helpful if you edited your original post so people don't have to scroll to find it.

elephants

12 minutes ago, FakeKGB said:

Can you specify the exact parts? It'd be extra helpful if you edited your original post so people don't have to scroll to find it.

Hi, edited my post.
Thank you.

31 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

And as a follow up to this, could you suggest the critical areas I need to improve the build in?
Thank you.