One of techlinked videos shows unrelated political news in subtitles.

realtag
Go to solution Solved by YoungBlade,

I believe it's because that section of the video was removed. If you notice, it's not just a political thing. It actually relates to tech. My best guess is that either the story turned out to be inaccurate, so it was removed, or it was deemed too political after it was already shot, and it was removed. In either case, the team forgot to remove the captions.

@LinusTech

One of the recent videos has a subtitles that mentions the current court case in Kenosha even though there is nothing in the video about that. Is this intentional?  starts about 3:58 

image.png

This seems like more of a YouTube issue. Probably better to report it as a bug to them instead of here

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

2 minutes ago, Slottr said:

This seems like more of a YouTube issue. Probably better to report it as a bug to them instead of here

I can, sure, but it kinda makes it look like LinusTechTips themselves are directly injecting this into their video(s).  They better get on top of this from their end. 

I believe it's because that section of the video was removed. If you notice, it's not just a political thing. It actually relates to tech. My best guess is that either the story turned out to be inaccurate, so it was removed, or it was deemed too political after it was already shot, and it was removed. In either case, the team forgot to remove the captions.

3 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

That would make sense. 

7 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

Ok yeah, it makes sense now. Yeah, they should probably remove captions, so there are less people like me who post about this hehe. 

Yes, the removal suggestion is correct. According to the comments the "pinch to zoom" part of the video (which is directly related to the Kenosha court case) was removed. 

Phobos: AMD Ryzen 7 2700, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4, ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT 1030, 1TB Samsung SSD 980, 450W Corsair CXM, Corsair Carbide 175R, Windows 10 Pro

Polaris: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASRock X79 Extreme6, 12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080, 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, 1TB Crucial MX500, 750W Corsair RM750, Antec SX635, Windows 10 Pro

Pluto: Intel Core i7-2600, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASUS P8Z68-V, 4GB XFX AMD Radeon RX 570, 8GB ASUS AMD Radeon RX 570, 1TB Samsung 860 EVO, 3TB Seagate BarraCuda, 750W EVGA BQ, Fractal Design Focus G, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

York (NAS): Intel Core i5-2400, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, HP Compaq OEM, 240GB Kingston V300 (boot), 3x2TB Seagate BarraCuda, 320W HP PSU, HP Compaq 6200 Pro, TrueNAS CORE (12.0)

5 hours ago, realtag said:

I can, sure, but it kinda makes it look like LinusTechTips themselves are directly injecting this into their video(s).  They better get on top of this from their end. 

Subs are auto generated by YouTube, ltt has no control over it if I recall. 

12 minutes ago, Blue4130 said:

How do you even think that makes sense. The subs are from content that got cut out of the video before it was uploaded. Quite obviously these subs are from LTT themselves.

28 minutes ago, Blue4130 said:

While YouTube will autogenerate captions, creators can also upload their own captions.  This is generally preferable for accessibility because, well, you know, a robot trying to translate human words to text can be less than accurate. It's impressive tech but if you want to ensure your viewers who rely on captions get accurate captions, you write them yourself.

Desktop: Ryzen 9 3950X, Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio, Creative Sound Blaster AE-7

Gaming PC #2: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Asus TUF Gaming B550M-Plus, 32GB DDR4, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1080

Gaming PC #3: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-G, 16B DDR3, XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB

WFH PC: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-F, 16GB DDR3, Gigabyte Radeon RX 6400 4GB

UnRAID #1: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asus TUF Gaming B450M-Plus, 64GB DDR4, Radeon HD 5450

UnRAID #2: Intel E5-2603v2, Asus P9X79 LE, 24GB DDR3, Radeon HD 5450

MiniPC: BeeLink SER6 6600H w/ Ryzen 5 6600H, 16GB DDR5 
Windows XP Retro PC: Intel i3 3250, Asus P8B75-M LX, 8GB DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD 6850, Creative Sound Blaster Audigy

Windows 9X Retro PC: Intel E5800, ASRock 775i65G r2.0, 1GB DDR1, AGP Sapphire Radeon X800 Pro, Creative Sound Blaster Live!

Steam Deck w/ 2TB SSD Upgrade

This is actually really funny.

12 hours ago, realtag said:

@LinusTech

One of the recent videos has a subtitles that mentions the current court case in Kenosha even though there is nothing in the video about that. Is this intentional?  starts about 3:58 

image.png

I'm pretty sure there was a techlinked video about that a while ago.

I talked to another person on the forum like a month ago and they had similar issues, but it was strange bars of text on the left and right of the video editors talking.

If my post helped you please hit the "Solved" button below ✅

6 hours ago, YoungBlade said:

Can confirm, that that was there in the video

"The most important step a man can take. It’s not the first one, is it?
It’s the next one. Always the next step, Dalinar."
–Chapter 118, Oathbringer, Stormlight Archive #3 by Brandon Sanderson

Older stuff:

Spoiler

"A high ideal missed by a little, is far better than low ideal that is achievable, yet far less effective"

If you think I'm wrong, correct me. If I've offended you in some way tell me what it is and how I can correct it. I want to learn, and along the way one can make mistakes; Being wrong helps you learn what's right.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/16/2021 at 11:51 PM, CerealExperimentsLain said:

While YouTube will autogenerate captions, creators can also upload their own captions.  This is generally preferable for accessibility because, well, you know, a robot trying to translate human words to text can be less than accurate. It's impressive tech but if you want to ensure your viewers who rely on captions get accurate captions, you write them yourself.

Creators can also edit the text of the auto generated subtitles. It's how I used Youtube as a free transcription service for recorded lectures.

On 11/16/2021 at 6:01 PM, YoungBlade said:

In either case, the team forgot to remove the captions.

LMG has no control over captions, they’re auto generated.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

6 minutes ago, Roswell said:

LMG has no control over captions, they’re auto generated.

You can create captions on your own, and these ones are not auto generated. It says in the control panel if the captions were auto generated, and this one does not.