3070, 3070TI or 3080 for me as a wannabe creator?

Cybersung

We all know how hard it is to find a graphicscard.

To get one easy where I live, I have to go by a store-made computer with limited choices of parts.

I'm no gamer, I'm looking forward to create. Photoedit,3DCad,Coding.

So my needs are fast singelcore and lots of memory, fast storage.

But...It feels like this is the last build and it better last long time. [sad lol]

My plan far: AMD 5900X (I can choose 5800X which some times performance better with photoedit. Or 5950X), 2x16gb 3600Mhz Corsair (and add 1 more set if needed), B550-E, WD Black SN850.
[Intel 1200-series not working well with Linux for the moment]

I just read several reviews that 3070TI only gives 10% more than 3070 and by so not worth it compared to the price. "The real choice is between 3070 or 3080."

ASUS GeForce RTX 3070 DUAL SI 8gb                      [1725Mhz,1755Mhz, cuda 5888, memory 256bit 14Gpbs]
ASUS GeForce RTX3070TI ROG Strix OC   8gb         [1845Mhz,1875Mhz, cuda 6144, memory 256bit 19Gpbs] = ($429 more than 3070)
ASUS GeForce RTX3080 TUF Gaming 10gb V2         [1710Mhz,1740Mhz, cuda 8704, memory 320bit 19Gpbs] = ($626 more than 3070)
ASUS GeForce RTX3080 TUF Gaming 10gb OC V2  [1785Mhz,1815Mhz, cuda 8704, memory 320bit 19Gpbs] = ($746 more than 3070)

Which one gives most value for me who is not the hardcore player but still wants to buy future smart?

1. Is the ASUS GeForce RTX3080 TUF Gaming 10gb V2 worth $626 extra instead of 3070?
  2. Or $429 to get a 3070TI instead of 3070?

Thanks

I mean for those tasks a gtx 750 would even do. Photoshop and the likes run fine on even integrated graphics, cad is a mainly single core cpu program and coding is just well cpu only. You don't even need close to any of the gpu's you are listing here.

I mean for your usecase a i7 11700 or something would be the best option for once since it has faster single core performance, and a igpu. It might be slower for code compiling but that depends on what you are coding, the language you use, packages,... so very dependant on what you are doing.

Safe to say your build is beyond overkill for your tasks already :p.

Some photo-edit webpages mentions 3060 or higher. But I believe you.

But the news about Linuxbased Steam 3.0 made the "Battelfield"-me tempted to try out gaming again.

But I think I will be fine on 3070/3070ti even if I started to play some modern shooters also.

Mostly curious where I should draw the line when its worth going up a step or not.

As for memory, get a single set. they are matched.

2 seperate sets can lead to troubles.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

2 minutes ago, Cybersung said:

But the news about Linuxbased Steam 3.0 made the "Battelfield"-me tempted to try out gaming again.

But I think I will be fine on 3070/3070ti even if I started to play some modern shooters also.

Mostly curious where I should draw the line when its worth going up a step or not.

That line is up to you. I would not pay 430$ more for like 10% extra performance. A 3070 plays battlefield 2042 fine but the game is not even worth playing really. It's beyond not finished and just kinda bad compared to other battlefields.

4 minutes ago, Cybersung said:

Sure but like hi I've done proffesional level stuff that has been on billboards, advertisement places and whatnot on my old dell e7440 because I didn't want to take my heavy laptop with me like 3 years ago. I just needed a extra second of patience sometimes and that was it. Worst offender what the smudgetool for cpu load but you don't use that too often in photo editing :p.

You really don't need much I've currently been doing work for my company on a i7 6600u, 12gb ram, gtx 950m hp laptop and it's fine. Not great but it's totally fine. I'm just missing some ram and that is it in this device.

I have been thinking on your comments for some hours and just want to say thanx for taking me back to reality. 
It's easy to get carried away. I took a look at Battlefield recommended specs = 3060. But I think I go for the ASUS GeForce RTX 3070 Noctua Edition OC (1815,1845, 5888, 256bit 14Gpbs). "Unbelievably quiet—quietest graphics card we ever tested" as techpowerup.com wrote. A compromise to have some extra power for the future- and a nice quiet setup - for a lower price. 🙂

52 minutes ago, Cybersung said:

I have been thinking on your comments for some hours and just want to say thanx for brining me back to reality. 
It's easy to get carried away. I took a look at Battlefield recommended specs = 3060. But I think I go for the ASUS GeForce RTX 3070 Noctua Edition OC (1815,1845, 5888, 256bit 14Gpbs). "Unbelievably quiet—quietest graphics card we ever tested" as techpowerup.com wrote. A compromise to have some extra power for the future- and a nice quiet setup - for a lower price. 🙂

Keep in mind bf2042 is like a garbage tier game atm so you aren't missing anything.