was playing around with gpu fan speeds forgot i turned off fans did i damage anything

DarthBudgie

i played fortnite for about an hour after did not even check watched youtube and even ran a few benchmarks but when running the benchmarks i saw the card hit 75 and then i looked at the fan speed saw it was off should i be worried or does my gpu have safe guards  card still works no noticeable issues at the moment 

1 minute ago, Tan3l6 said:

75C is nothing dangerous for any GPU.

thats all i saw it go up to when benchmarking i dont know how it faired when it was playing fortnite 

Just now, DarthBudgie said:

thats all i saw it go up to when benchmarking i dont know how it faired when it was playing fortnite 

If it works properly then there is nothing to worry about.

I edit my posts more often than not

Just now, Tan3l6 said:

If it works properly then there is nothing to worry about.

well i just ran furmark on it and it seemed average fps above its baseclock and temps were okay

Dangerous temperatures for GPUs or any processor is more than 100 degrees so as long as you stay below that, you don't need to worry about anything. If your GPU reaches a certain temperature, it will thermal throttle and if even that somehow doesn't help, it'll shut off without any physical damage if it only happens once

1 minute ago, DreamCat04 said:

Dangerous temperatures for GPUs or any processor is more than 100 degrees so as long as you stay below that, you don't need to worry about anything. If your GPU reaches a certain temperature, it will thermal throttle and if even that somehow doesn't help, it'll shut off without any physical damage if it only happens once

Thank gosh! thank you guys so much i just had a mini heart attack when i saw that, cause i'm type to try and keep things cool

My GPU can easily reach 87 degrees because my case airflow is not the best(Dell G5 for the win baby!). No need to worry with temperatures below the 80s. I wish my card was cooled so well it could run at 75 degrees with the fans off. I can reach 75 degrees with the fans on >60% under full load

-> Moved to Graphics Cards

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv