AMD Ryzen CPU Cooler Upgrade

Hi all-

I currently have an AMD Ryzen 3700X with an ARCTIC Freezer 34 eSports CPU cooler.  Its been a decent CPU cooler over the past few years since I made the system but just recently the fan decided to spin itself to death and now I had two choices, either buy a new fan or just get a new CPU cooler.  I've always wanted to try liquid cooling in a system and the Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX cooler caught my attention. I already have a corsair case and memory so I would like the CPU cooler to also match.  If someone has a better cooler in mind let me know but I want it to match with the Corsair ecosystem that I've invested in.  The case I have now is a Corsair 220T AirFlow and so it says it supports 360mm coolers but it looks like it is going to be an extremely tight fit so I think I would rather stick to 240mm.  I am not overclocking the system at all so I don't need a lot of overhead.

Thanks for everyone who responds advice.

If you need me to follow up on something, please quote or tag me.

8 minutes ago, PenguinMaster said:

Hi all-

I currently have an AMD Ryzen 3700X with an ARCTIC Freezer 34 eSports CPU cooler.  Its been a decent CPU cooler over the past few years since I made the system but just recently the fan decided to spin itself to death and now I had two choices, either buy a new fan or just get a new CPU cooler.  I've always wanted to try liquid cooling in a system and the Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX cooler caught my attention. I already have a corsair case and memory so I would like the CPU cooler to also match.  If someone has a better cooler in mind let me know but I want it to match with the Corsair ecosystem that I've invested in.  The case I have now is a Corsair 220T AirFlow and so it says it supports 360mm coolers but it looks like it is going to be an extremely tight fit so I think I would rather stick to 240mm.  I am not overclocking the system at all so I don't need a lot of overhead.

Thanks for everyone who responds advice.

Personally, I wouldn't go liquid cooling, the life time and potential problems are much worse than air coolers.

I'm still rocking an Arctic Freezer Xtreme on one my of PCs that's about 20 years old and the fan is going strong (though it hasn't been in use all that time, its still had a lot of use), though that particular model is annoying as its not a standard fan so when it goes it wont be quite so easy to replace.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

3 hours ago, Jeppes said:

Get a warranty replacement

5 hours ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

Personally, I wouldn't go liquid cooling, the life time and potential problems are much worse than air coolers.

I'm still rocking an Arctic Freezer Xtreme on one my of PCs that's about 20 years old and the fan is going strong (though it hasn't been in use all that time, its still had a lot of use), though that particular model is annoying as its not a standard fan so when it goes it wont be quite so easy to replace.

I'm out of the RMA period. I think I'm just going to get 2x Corsair iCUE SP120 RGB ELITE Performance 120mm PWM Fans and attach them to the arctic cooler. Definitely after doing some AiO research it looks like its not worth it.

If you need me to follow up on something, please quote or tag me.

11 minutes ago, PenguinMaster said:

I'm out of the RMA period. I think I'm just going to get 2x Corsair iCUE SP120 RGB ELITE Performance 120mm PWM Fans and attach them to the arctic cooler. Definitely after doing some AiO research it looks like its not worth it.

I'd stick with a single fan personally.  I have a Deepcool AS500 Plus on a 5950X and ended up not using the second fan as it increased the noise level dramatically and shaved only a couple of degrees off the temperature.

On the case I have two 140mm on the front, one on the back and one on the top.  Not even sure the one on the top is necessary.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

1 hour ago, PenguinMaster said:

They advertise 10 year warranty for that cooler.